Prologue

Johnny: Millions of years ago, Shinnok, one of the Elder Gods, turned on his fellow deities and invaded the Earthrealm. Raiden and the Elder Gods stopped Shinnok. Locked him up in the Neatherealm. Others followed in Shinnok's footsteps.... like Outworld's emperor, Shao Kahn, who was obsessed with conquering Earthrealm. So Raiden convinced the Elder Gods to enact the Mortal Kombat tournament as a way to even the odds... to give Earthrealm a chance. For generations, Shao Kahn followed the Elder Gods' rules. The war moved to the arena, where he sent his toughest fighters to challenge Raiden's greatest defenders in Mortal Kombat. Two years ago, we beat him. But Shao Kahn wasn't ready to lose. He violated the rules of Mortal Kombat and invaded Earthrealm. Most of Earthrealm's defenders- our friends- were killed. Turned into evil undead warriors. Despite the odds we stopped Shao Kahn's invasion. As punishment, the Elder Gods Destroyed him. We thought the long nightmare was over. But it turns out Shinnok had been manipulating events: Shao Kahn's invasion.... his death... All apart of Shinnok's plan to escape the Neatherrealm and  resume his war on the Elder Gods.

Hope you enjoyed this short chapter and hope you enjoy the next one.