{1}

𝐽𝑎'𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑛 𝐾𝑦𝑟𝑖𝑒 𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑠Baton Rouge, LouisianaSouthern University and A&M CollegeNovember{19}

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Southern University and A&M College
November
{19}

{two years later, PRESENT TIME}

I groaned as my 4:15 alarm went off for workouts. I got cleared from the doctors to practice and play about two months ago.

Today was our first day of workouts and practice since we were off for a month.

I got up and did a slight stretch as I went into the bathroom of my college dorm. I looked at myself in the mirror before turning the shower water on waiting for it to get hot.

Y'all know how a shower go.

I dried myself off as I put my clothes on and I used this lotion my mama put me on and I stood in the mirror.

I washed my face briefly as I then brushed my teeth, the music blasted from my other roommate Qua who also played with me.

We had another roommate, but he left before we even got to meet him, so it had been me and Qua since freshmen year.

I checked the time and it was now, 4:40 and we had workouts at 5:45. I sat on my bed for a second and decided to text my girlfriend, Tiara, and just let her know that I had workouts incase she teached me or some.

I moisturized my face and stuff as I made sure my bag was packed with everything I needed.

I was lowkey nervous but ready to get back on the court again today but I'd have to get over it.

"You ready Ky"? Qua asked me, as I checked my Apple Watch time and it was 5:15 and I nodded.

The gym we practiced in was about a 10 minutes walk and the weigh room was about two more minutes from it so we just decided to walk instead of wasting gas.

"dude you know Ke'Yani"? Qua asked me as I scrunched my face us, "nah who the fuck is that"? I asked him.

"She hang round Tiara nem". He spoke as I thought about it, I wasn't really invested in Tiara's whole friend group or anything like that; plus I just didn't know people or care to know.

"Oh ion know, you must talk to ha"? I asked him pulling out my phone cause I heard it ring; "nah she a hoe". He said as I chuckled.

First Lady👩🏽💟

First Lady👩🏽💟:
have a great first day of
practice, work hard,
Mama loves you❤️

:thank you mama, I appreciate you
I love you more❤️

I put my phone down as I smiled a little, if I didn't have anybody, I knew I could count on my mama.