{32}

𝐽𝑎'𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑛 𝐾𝑦𝑟𝑖𝑒 𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑠Baton Rouge, LouisianaCarla's HomeMarch {20}

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Carla's Home
March
{20}

"I think this batch came out good". Kaydence spoke as I stared at her. She didn't have any classes today so we were currently at my moms house making cookies. Although we both had practice we decided to chill here.

We were the only ones here though because my dad had took my mom out for lunch. I watched Kaydence intensely as she checked on the cookies.

She looked good I couldn't even lie, and since it was March that meant it was hot so she barely had any clothes on. "Are you even listening to me"? She asked me furrowing her eyebrows.

I've been dealing with mixed emotions over the last few weeks, the news that Tiara was keeping the baby threw me off.

I did continue my daily life like it was nothing though, I still did what I was suppose to do in school and basketball, I realized I couldn't quite be upset anymore.

Why waste my energy and feelings on things I couldn't control? and at this point, I know what kind of girl she is so I couldn't expect nothing less from her. But for her to go through with keeping the baby is what I didn't understand.

But at the end of the day I couldn't be upset nomore or even waste my energy on it, so I was completely numb and over the whole situation.

"I hear you". I responded standing to my feet, going over to where she was and looked at the cookies.

"you tried one"? I asked her watching her facials, "no I was waiting on you, but you keep zoning out on me". She complained.

"I'm sorry, what you was saying"? I asked making her sigh as I gave a light chuckle.

"Let's just taste them". She waved me off as I smiled, she grabbed a cookie off the pan with a napkin as she carefully broke it in half to not waste much.

I grabbed a napkin as I put the piece she gave me on there, we both took a bite and smiled at each other.

"We deserve to be bakers". She told me, "hell yeah". I chimed in. "Let me send this to the groupchat, they gone be so mad". Kaydence chuckled.

We took a silly picture together, as I held the pan with the freshly baked cookies on it as Kaydence snapped the picture.

"You look pretty". I told her watching her smile, Kaydence was really pretty to me probably one of the prettiest girls I've seen besides my family members.

I made sure to let her know how pretty she was and shit in that nature so that if she was to ever talk to somebody she wouldn't have to worry bout all that, cause she'll know.

"Thank you... oh, it's almost time for you to go to practice". She sighed, "and I promised Kasey I'd help her study later". She added as I nodded.

"It's coo". I replied as we gathered all our things, making sure to cut the lights off in the house and lock the doors as well.