16 || Whatever it Takes

Third Person

"Moon Breathing: First Form, Dark Moon, Evening Palace."

"Chidori Blade."

Sasuke and Kokushibo were still going at it with each other. This time, Sasuke cloaked his sword with his lightning nature, powering up his speed and also making the blade even sharper than before.

'Lightning?' Kokushibo thought.
'This isn't a breathing technique. It's truly lightning.'

Not only the demon, but everyone else in the room also gasped when they saw the blue lightning appearing on the blade. 

The two fighters continued. Kokushibo was now advancing with more caution after seeing the electrical charge, focusing more on defense while looking for any openings he could attack from. 

Eventually, he did find one. Sasuke swung his sword in a semicircle shape in front of him, trying to slash the demon's torso. Kokushibo saw Sasuke doing so and immediately counterattacked, attempting a downwards slice towards the top of his head. Sasuke, immediately reacted to it. He was about to swap places again when suddenly...

'I shouldn't use my left eye too much in this battle!' And so, he just about blocked it with his blade, and then kicked Kokushibo with the sole of his foot while doing a backflip, creating some breathing space.
'My Rinnegan takes a lot out of me. I need to save my chakra for the battle with Muzan.'

Unfortunately, that created breathing space didn't last long. The two immediately rushed each other again, repeatedly clashing their abnormal swords with each other.

.

Giyu, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Kaigaku, and Genya were surprisingly holding their own against Muzan. The demon king wasn't wearing his formal suit anymore, but was a pure demon extending his limbs that can turn sharper than any of the Demon Slayers' blades.

Giyu, as the Pillar of the group, was doing the most, mostly defending the others from Muzan's attacks. Tanjiro was actually fighting back well. With his Hinokami Kagura technique, he could maneuver well enough to attack and defend on his own. Zenitsu, Kaigaku, and Genya were mainly dodging, although Zenitsu wasn't actually asleep this time. He was consciously fighting, driven by his rage for the opponent in front of him. Kaigaku was close to Zenitsu the whole time. Being the same breath user made it easier to flow together. Genya was just dodging and slicing while occasionally shooting bullets.

"Thunder Breathing: Fifth Form, Heat Lightning!" Kaigaku called out. He performed an upward sword slash towards an incoming tentacle and pushed it away. However, he didn't realize there were many more of Muzan's limbs coming his way.

"Thunder Breathing..." This time was Zenitsu chanting.
"First Form, Thunderclap and Flash, Sixfold!" With immense speed, he performed the first form of Thunder Breathing six times towards six of Muzan's tentacles, slicing or pushing them away from his sibling student. Unfortunately, that was still not enough to take out all of the incoming limbs.

"Serpent Breathing..."
"Love Breathing..."

"Fifth Form..."
"Second Form..."

"Slithering Serpent!"
"Love Pangs!"

The remaining tentacles were cut off by two just-arrived Demon Slayers. Giyu and Tanjiro, the one that were doing most of the offensive against their enemy, backed out and approached the two people.

"Kanroji. Iguro." Giyu greeted.

"How are you holding up?" Asked Obanai.

"Just about. He's doing fine," Giyu said as he pointed to Tanjiro.
"but the other three might be having more trouble."