Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Warning

*Mature Content*

My homework seems to be piling up. I wish my teachers would slow down. At the beginning of the second semester, they squeeze in anything they couldn't get to. Lazy pieces of shit.

Wayne came over to help Simon. He is not as smart as my mother thinks he is. Wayne, on the other hand, may surprise many people with his intelligence. He had nothing to do, so he was just lounging on the couch, waiting for my brother to call him over.

"Bethany?" I turned around from the kitchen counter. I almost got an assignment done, but Wayne has to distract me. "Do you need some help with that? Looks like you need plenty."

I glared at his fake sympathy. His bottom lip puffed out a bit. I gave him a wicked smile.

"How does it feel being a try hard?" I said with a condescending voice.

"How does it feel having to try hard?" He retorted.

"Alright, fine. I suck at this."

"You suck?" He perked up. "Care to share your skills?"

My bedroom door flew open and Simon began storming down the hall. His head was down.

"Simon, what's wro-"

"Don't look at me." Simon spat, avoiding my gaze.

"What?"

"I said don't fucking look at me!" He shouted at me. I flinched and grabbed the counter.

"Don't yell at her." Wayne said. I could see him forcing himself to stay calm. "What's wrong?"

"I was gonna steal some lead from your room." He pointed an accusing finger at me. "Until, I found a bunch o-of condom wrappers in your drawer."

I stood up, trying not to look at Wayne. One little glance will give away everything.

"Oh, no." I murmured.

"Fuck." Wayne didn't match my distress. He was laughing his ass off.

"I'm telling Mom." Simon straightened his back.

"Don't you fucking dare."

"Well, this is none of my business, so I'll just sit here." Wayne leaned back on the couch and crossed his legs. I gave him the nastiest side eye.

"I am allowed to have a personal life." Simon gagged when he looked at me. I rolled my shoulders back.

"Have you ever..." He trailed off. "When I was home?"

I looked down and took a long pause. "No."

"Ew, I know you're lying."

This conversation is making me sick. He is going to end up forcing me to confess and Simon is going to try to attack Wayne and he is going to look like a fool for trying anything. Shit.

"Are you going to tell mom?" I scratched the back of my head.

He took a long pause, just like I had. "No."

"If you tell mom, I'll tell her about the person you're seeing." I crossed my arms.

Simon tilted his head. "She already knows."

"Not everything." I raised my eyebrows.

"You don't know anything." He shook his head and scoffed.

I stared at him. Long enough to make him lose his confidence. Long enough for him to storm off and "take a drive." There must be something behind that.