Where the Wind Takes Me (Sakusa)

Summary: Sakusa sees L/N out buying White Day gifts.

Pairing: Sakusa Kiyoomi & Male! Reader (Platonic)

Warnings: Manga Spoilers (Timeskip), Y/N has a girlfriend, Fluff, Kind of confusing

Word Count: 1,890 words

Notes: I'm going to start showing platonic one-shots by putting & instead of x in the chapter title.  This one-shot is completely platonic. This is kind of just me trying to figure out how to write his character, so most of it doesn't make sense lol.

*****

The wind caused Sakusa's scarf to start unwinding from his neck and his hair to toss around. As his hair got in his eyes, he grabbed the ends of his scarf and held them to his chest. He didn't have time to carefully wrap his scarf like he wanted to, so this would do for now. It wasn't like his appearance mattered much at this point with how messy his hair had to be due to the wind.

He passed through crowds of people. Some loud and some quiet. It was easy to tell when people were close and when they weren't. Although so many people believed he hated being out of the house because of the people, he would disagree. He didn't mind the people necessarily; he minded the distance. Sakusa had never been one to enjoy being right next to people. Komori had to drag him around when they were kids so he would be closer to people.

Sakusa understood personal space better than others. Or at least that's what his parents told him when he was growing up. His understanding of personal space at 23-years-old expanded from standing further away from people than most did to not meeting new people because he didn't want to explain his boundaries only for them to be disrespected. MSBY Black Jackal understood his boundaries but it took some time for most of them. L/N coached the team for Sakusa, which Sakusa assumed could show that L/N is a good manager. Part of Sakusa wanted to say that it also showed that L/N was a good friend, but he didn't really know if they were friends.

L/N was the manager for MSBY before Sakusa and Hinata came. He had graduated from Shiratorizawa but wasn't part of the volleyball club. He told Sakusa how Shiratorizawa's coach was hard to be around unless you were playing. If you weren't playing, then he made you feel useless.

Sakusa didn't know how anyone could make L/N feel useless. L/N was always doing something that helped other people – was always doing something. L/N lived with Atsumu and Bokuto before Sakusa and Hinata joined the team, and he annoyed Atsumu to some extent. L/N liked cooking breakfast and baking at night. He also enjoyed cleaning, which was what prepared Atsumu for Sakusa's chore lists.

Bokuto had no problem with L/N. He complained occasionally that no one fed him anything cool anymore. Hinata eventually started trying out new dishes just to get Bokuto to stop complaining. L/N ended up being invited as well, which led to him and Hinata cooking in the kitchen instead of just Hinata.

A gust of wind made Sakusa stumble slightly. It was funny that he was known for being so sturdy on the court, but some wind made him stumble. He could picture L/N joking about how maybe everyone needed to practice receiving outside because of the wind. He'd wave off anyone who brought up the fact it was the middle of winter and would snow again soon.

Sakusa passed by some stores, they were all lit up. There were red and pink hearts everywhere, leftover from Valentine's Day. Soon enough everything would be advertised for White Day. Neither of those holidays mattered to him though because he didn't have a partner and no one had confessed to him. It was the same as it had been since he graduated high school. The only difference was that high school was filled with girls confessing to him and Komori having to help him with rejections.