Starter (Yamaguchi)

Summary: Yamaguchi writes a love letter he'll never send.

Warnings: Angst

Word Count: 476 words

Notes: Why do I love hurting Yamaguchi?  Also, I won't be adding photos anymore because it takes forever for it to upload to wattpad because of my wifi.  My wifi is shit in general

*****

Dear L/N Y/N,

I read somewhere on the internet that writing out how you feel can be easier than saying it. Maybe it's all the anxiety behind looking at someone when you speak or just how that person makes you all nervous, but in a good way. You make me really nervous, L/N but in a good way, of course. I just want you to know how I feel before it just eats me alive.

When you became manager before the Tokyo training camp, you took my breath away. I'd never seen a boy as pretty as you and it just made me nervous to talk to you for that reason alone. Every time you smiled whenever you saw me get a serve over the net or told me to just breathe because we were practice and how it was okay to mess up, I just couldn't help but start to fall for you. You even walked me to my serving practice and told me to text you when I got home. I guess it was my fault for thinking I was the only one getting that treatment.

You started dating Hinata right after the training camp and it made sense. You're both so charming and everyone loves you two without either of you having to try. I've never had that privilege because no one loves or wants me. People usually use me to get to Tsukishima and at one point you but I never helped them out because I wanted you to myself. Guess that makes me selfish and you don't deserve that, so it's good you're with Hinata. He will love you with all he has and make you fall more in love every day.

I still love you though, even though it's obvious I'll never have a chance. I probably won't ever give you this letter because you seem happy and I don't want to bother that. The smile on your face when you're around Hinata is worth me being heartbroken. I'll always cherish every time you help me with my serve, cheer me on from the sidelines, and see me as Tadashi instead of a bench warmer or Tsukishima's best friend. You told me that I'll never know when my time to shine will be and that me practicing is just as important as any starter.

Sometimes you make it hard when you say things like that because I want you to hug me and tell me I'm a starter in your heart. I'm who you always want no matter what the situation ends up being. Maybe it's okay to be second string because at least I'm still always there and you always see me, even if it's not seeing me the way I want. I still love you no matter where I am in your heart.

I love you,

Yamaguchi Tadashi