The Fifth Year (Part One)

Your summer vacation was quite eventful.

On your very first day home, you helped Tony to organize your father's funeral, and you two decided to leave the headstone in the same place where your mother was buried. The trip to the muggle neighborhood in inner London was quick, and you stopped yourself from thinking about the vision Wanda showed you as you visited the old house where your mother grew up and greeted the muggle relatives you and Tony were never very close to.

After that you were extremely worried that Gamora and Nebula would be prevented from living with you any longer, but you were relieved to hear that Jarvis has become the legal guardian of the four of you in accordance with your father's will.

You didn't leave your room much for the first two weeks, but the insistent noise downstairs got you out of bed on Saturday. Tony was cleaning out your father's office, and well, he found many interesting things.

The vast majority of the objects were inventions that you didn't know what they were, but Tony seemed to recognize them better. He and Nebula seemed interested in continuing whatever your father was working on.

What really caught your attention were the numerous books and documents you had never seen before. And also the photo album on the top shelf.

"Wow, dad had long hair." You commented in surprise as you flipped through the pages and looked at the photographs while Tony was sitting in the armchair next to you. He chuckled as he looked at the youthful appearance of the man in the photo.

You weren't so surprised to find other pictures of your father with Professor Erik, since you were used to the idea that they were friends. There were also many other pictures with people you had never seen, and you wondered why your father didn't keep in touch with his school friends, but couldn't find any answers.

The letters and correspondence that were in the office were recent, and Jarvis explained to you and Tony that it is common for special ministry employees to burn the work letters after reading them and that is why you didn't find much related to the ministry.

After cleaning out your father's office, you and Tony are both emotionally exhausted, so you have waited. It is only three days later that you force yourself to talk about what Wanda told you, and Tony is momentarily angry that you kept it a secret for so many days, but he understands how exhausted you were feeling and while you tell Gamora and Nebula about what happened, he writes to Natasha and Sam Wilson.

Tony is not talking to Bucky because of what happened, but he has refused to tell you exactly how they tried to work things out. When Nat and Sam visit you, they tell you that Bucky feels extremely guilty for not being able to resist the Crucio curse, and has pulled away from Tony, who also seems unwilling to forgive him. Steve has chosen to side with his friend instead of his boyfriend, and they are not speaking to each other now either. You, as well as Nat and Sam, wish that they would find a way to make peace.

While Tony's friends are at your house, you write to your friends, but none of them can come visit you. Even with the ministry denying Mephisto's return, most families were frightened enough by the death of an auror on the grounds of Hogwarts, and you were shocked to hear that Quill's father would be considering not sending him to school the following year.

You write to Pietro too, and most of the letter is about Wanda, which makes him laugh. You don't know if the girl would like to hear from you, but her brother makes sure to tell her what you told him in your letter.

Carol Danvers visits in August. Tony writes a brief paragraph about needing adult help after finding a letter from his father saying "There are only a few we can trust. The Danvers are one of those." and she writes back the same day.