Rent A Heart | heehoon

PAIRING: Heehoon (Heeseung & Sunghoon)From the group Enhypen

From the group Enhypen. Other pairings might be mentioned.

GENRE TYPE: Romance

SONG DEDICATION: That Way by Tate McRae

WARNINGS: Mention of usage of alcohol, character ages may be changed for plot convenience

Rent A Heart

Heeseung felt the thumping of the blasting pop music before he heard it; the vibrations having maneuvered from the large black speakers dragged to the front of the large living room and then hitting the hard wooden floor with a timely beat. It could be felt through the freshly painted white walls too, the fast tempo now not only striking his feet that had been trapped within newly bought sneakers, but massaging his back for as long as he leant against it. Occasionally goosebumps would prick at his tan skin whenever a certain bass note sounded a little too loud, forcing him to shift his weight in hopes of ridding the uncomfortable feeling. He didn't detest the idea of college parties—knowing that it could be one of the only times that he could freeing ingest heavy amounts of alcohol and not a single adult scold him for destroying his body. But then again he wasn't too fond of them either. The sight of multiple strangers bouncing around an expensive house and then proclaiming it as dancing; those same people drinking and smoking until they could no longer remember what day it was; the disgusting smell and feeling of sweat that could either be from grinding against one another or doing the sinful act of sexual intercourse, Heeseung much rather stay trapped in a corner with a red solo cup dangling from the tips of his fingers while awaiting for any of his friends to come sweep him away by saying that they no longer had to be there.

So his apathetic attitude could be excused. The way his tall lean figure stayed detached from the many other partygoers, was understandable as well. A sigh heaved past his plump pink lips as he too darted his dull brown eyes across the dimmed room. Everything looked to be one color considering the host of such uncalled for celebration decided to kill all lights and let the shades purple, magenta and blue blend together from some plastic projector. Heeseung hadn't been looking for anything or anyone in particular, but maybe if he searched through the large crowd hard enough he'll find at least something to capture his bored attention. But he didn't expect much. Everyone seemed to have blended into one, making his brain turn to mush and cause his already impassive expression to fall even further. Eventually he gave up looking for a familiar face, deciding that he'd just call a taxi back to the academy's dorms and spend the rest of his night streaming a drama that's captured his attention after only ten minutes of episode one. So chugging what was left of his drink, he cringed at the burn when it trailed down his throat, to only seconds later grab for his cellphone that was stuffed within his pants pocket. The illuminated screen greeted his face with a blinding brightness; eyes temporarily squinting as they slowly grew used to what he could make out as his lock screen.