Chapter 7

Alpha Lady Luna

"I should help with the search." I whispered into Santana 's chest.

"That's my girl." He cooed, giving me a bear hug just before letting me go.

We spent the rest of the day searching and sniffing for Casper, but Casper was no where. It's like he just evaporated from the face of Earth.

My little boy is out there scared and wanting his mama.

Santana walked me back to our house. His arms were wrapped around me, comforting me perhaps. At the moment, I couldn't care less. My kid was missing and I didn't know where he was or what he was doing.

"Come here, girl." Gretchen aged voice called to me. She was standing in the doorway of the pack house. The look of one that has been through hell and back was on her face.

I approached her without mouth, leaving Santana behind. Following her deeper into the house, I could distantly hear Santana telling a few others to come with him in a scout around the grounds.

"You know, you ran away one time." Gretchen's voice had my attention.

"I did?"

"Yes. Had my worried like no tomorrow." She motioned for me to take a seat on the sofa, to which I did. "You got mad at me for not giving you what you want and telling you to clean your room. You were just five and a free spirit with a hard rum."

"What are you trying to tell me, GG?" I leaned back against the sofa, mentally exhausted. "I'm in no mood for this."

"Too bad. You're going to listen." She was quick to fire back in that firm tone of hers.

When she saw that she had my attention, she leans forward. Her posture straight and her hands claspes together in her lap. "When you ran away, I searched like a mad woman. I didn't stop until I found you. And when I did find you asleep under a tree. You know what I did?"

I shook my head no. I wasn't looking at my mama. The picture of me holding a six month old Casper held my gaze.

I could hear the laughter in her voice at her next words. "Well first, I beat ya a few times and than kiss and hugged you until you promised to never run away from me again." 

I remembered her butt whipping or another one similar, and let me tell you: it wasn't pleasant."GG?"

"My point is that I never gave up hope on finding you. " She pause, watching me. "Despite how bad things got, I never loss my hope. And you, won't lose your hope either. You'll find my grandson and will bring 'im back to me."

***

Unfortunately, I had no choice in the matter. I was forced to attend classes today, thanks to mamma's wise reasoning.

I couldn't pay attention to anything in any of my classes for worrying about rather my Ghost had anything to eat last night or not.

Due to my lack of attention, I didn't answer when Mr. Franks, my history teacher, pointed me out among everyone else to explain the causes of the Great Depression.

O, I stumbled over that question badly, which, in the end, landed me a one way ticket to detention. Sigh.

Santana walked with me to the detention classroom once classes were over. I was leaning into his chest with his arm wrapped securely around my waist.

Stopping a few feet from the door, Santana turned to me. "You sure, I shouldn't stay with you?"

"Yes. I rather you be out there looking for our son than glued to my side."