Chapter Two

Hero was always quiet.

But walking home with him after he had confessed and then defeated Xi'er , Perfect noticed it was quiet of a different kind.
For all intents and purposes, he was walking right beside Perfect, in the flesh.

But having observed Hero closely for the past few years, Perfect could sense that in truth, Hero was in absentia. 

Immersed somewhere profoundly 'away'. Someplace deep within himself.

He had always done this. 
He could even have brief conversations while being completely focused on the vagaries of whatever it was that he was concerned about.

But Perfect knew that when Hero was clocked out like this, all anyone could do was wait.
Now, walking home , he also noticed that Hero was moving differently.

He was taking longer strides,, holding his head up . His shoulders were back.

"Hero', he said , Hero's firm grip on his hand had him running just a little to keep up. 'Hero, slow down. Are you alright? When we get back home, I want to check your bruises."
Hero slowed his long strides.
They had reached the playground across from their house.

"You worry too much.' He said , gently drawing the beautiful boy around to stand in front of him.

He pulled Kim Perfection into his arms, feeling a profound sense of surety.
No matter what challenges lay ahead. They would meet them together.

They were standing beside the climbing fort where Perfect had found him, and brought him in from the rain, that long ago night.

He gazed down into Perfection's searching eyes,  as he held him. Pleased to see a soft blush suffuse his delicate features.

Perfect stared up at him, placing his hands lightly on Hero's hard chest. He sucked in his lower lip just a little, loving the way Hero's eyes immediately locked on his mouth.
The kiss was soft at first. Deepening slowly. Each of them lost in the stillness of a hundred moments, leading to this one.

'At last', Perfect thought dazedly, welcoming the tentative touch of Hero's tongue with a giddy shiver of  delight.
He felt as though he might actually expire from happiness.

Strong arms tightened around him.
He thrilled to feel one of Hero's huge hands slide down to envelope half his waist and possessively pull him closer.

He loved the way they felt. Yes.
Oh yes. Oh the fire.
He melted into the kiss he had been waiting for forever, standing tip toes, his hands stealing up to wrap around Hero's neck.

He made a soft sound of protest when Hero pulled away before it deepened any further.

Hero's heart was Jack hammering in his chest.

He had wanted to kiss Kim Perfection for far longer than he cared to admit.

Those full, perfectly shaped lips , with their subtle pout...How many times had he forced himself not to stare at them?
Perfect had an innocently sexy habit of sucking in , then nibbling on that soft bottom lip when he was immersed in studying.
The past few months it had distracted Hero so much he had to interrupt Perfect or leave the room.

Kissing him was heaven. Better than anything he had imagined.
His lips were so plush. The way they yielded so eagerly beneath his own sent a bolt of hot, aggressive desire through him. He immediately wanted to devour that pretty mouth, and everything attached to it...

But a first kiss should be gentle, he told himself sternly.
The things he wanted to do with him were not gentle in any way.
He was hard and aching.