capture the flag

jeez.

it's been about two weeks since the fight with katie. we made up and she said that she was sorry for everything she had said. i also apologized for almost breaking her nose. travis finally forgives me and chiron- well he's just glad i didn't kill anybody. mr. d and i are back to being homies and as for everyone else, they have mostly forgotten so i'm not the most hated camper anymore.

talk about character development.

the new tea around camp is about a boy named percy jackson. he's around my age and let me just tell you, he is quite a fool. he barely knows his way around camp and has embarrassed himself so much to a point where i kind of feel bad.

of course i'm so nice so i talk to him every once in awhile. he's not very good with a bow and arrow but it's a work in progress. he's been here for a few days and still hasn't been claimed. hopefully tonight during the bonfire or capture the flag his godly parent will decide to step up and pay the child support.

(time skip because i'm such a girlboss and don't know what to write)

after dinner we all filed into the amphitheater, waiting for directions from chiron. percy was sitting across the amphitheater with luke castellen, a son of hermes.

chiron and mr. d walked out to the center of the amphitheater and all of the talking stopped. "tonight's game of capture the flag will be the athena cabin vs the ares cabin," chiron said as thunderous applause and cheering echoed around, "yes, yes, i know you're all very excited but before we start we must go over some ground rules," chiron finished. the entire ares cabin began booing and shouting at the thought of safety.

chiron sighed,"remember to stay within the camp boundary lines, any weapons or gadgets in possession may be used, we will have apollo kids around to help the wounded so we won't have an accident like last time," it went dead silent. i saw percy lean over to luke, probably to ask him what chiron meant by that.

"lastly. . .please do not kill each other, the gods would not be very happy to hear that kind of news," chiron finished. with that mr. d stepped forward, "now. . . WHO'S READY FOR SOME CAPTURE THE FLAG EH!?" he yelled. the thunderous cheering and applause began again and the teams split up into two different sides of the amphitheater.

i absolutely despise capture the flag so i agreed to help out with the wounded. the med team included me, will, lee, micheal, and of of our sisters, sydney. we all walked off into the forest while the teams were being directed and sorted.

all of us were at our posts and waiting for the game to start. the horn blew and immediately campers started shouting and a stampede came charging for the woods.

i caught a quick glimpse of percy and luke together. you could barely tell that percy was new to this whole thing because he worked really well with a sword.

i saw a camper get thrown into a tree and got knocked out so i ran over to help them. when i took of their helmet i saw that it was connor stoll and i immediately started laughing.

in a different situation this would've seemed very rude but it was just too funny to see the cocky stoll brother get beaten at something.

i poured a few drops of nectar into his mouth and almost instantly his eyes began to flutter. i helped lean him up against the tree. he looked flustered, "what just happened?" he asked, dazed. i chuckled, "you got thrown into a tree," i said. he rubbed the back of his head and started laughing in embarrassment and stood up, "thanks for the help,
n/n" he said and ran off.

i was walking back to my post when a sword was swung in front of my face. i rolled my eyes to see chris rodriguez looking at me with a smirk. for some reason he's always had some sort of crush on me but he was not the type of person apollo would like his daughter to bring home for a family dinner.

"rodriguez, i'm not playing," i said boldly. chris just smirked and tried to hold my hand. i immediately pulled away, "seriously chris, go fight someone who is actually involved," i said as i continued walking. chris reached out to grab my waist but that was enough. i swung my bow off my shoulder and grabbed an arrow and within a blink of an eye, i had an arrow threaded on my bow, pointed straight at chris's forehead.

chris dropped his sword and backed up a few steps while put his hands up. i looked at him dead in the eye when i heard, "Y/N! WHAT IN HADES ARE YOU DOING!?" i looked over and saw luke castellen standing on a hill looking at us. i lowered my bow and looked back at chris, "go," i said sternly. he picked up his sword and sprinted over to luke.

luke gave me a confused look as if to say 'what's wrong with you' and then ran off next to chris.

i sat down at my post. it was surprisingly quiet with only the distant sound of swords clanking and people yelling orders. i heard footsteps walking towards me so i stood up and looked in every direction. there was. . .nothing? the footsteps got louder and louder until they just stopped. i sat back down only to hear a loud "GOTCHA!"

"WHAT THE FUCK" i bolted up to my feet only to see annabeth chase, daughter of athena sitting right next to me with her baseball cap in her hands. she was laughing hysterically and hitting her knee. i rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit.

"you should've seen your face," annebeth said continuing to laugh. she stood up started walking away, "man, that never gets old," she said as she put her cap back on.