The Rejects

(Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of...))

Third Person

"It's happening again..." Abu spoke to Yomar, trailing off looking in the distance.

Dlo and Harley were on the dance floor dancing together. But now they were shotgunning a beer. Yomar shook his head and rolled his eyes. Harley ended up winning the competition which pissed Dlo off. They both grabbed another drink before running back to the dance floor. Do spun Harley around and they both laughed.

They were acting like kids again, which the boys knew to not mess with them because this was their way of relieving some of their missing childhood. Dlo grabbed a random guy's hand and the next thing, the pair had started a conga line throughout the entire bar.

"Get off your asses and get in line!" Dlo shouted over the music at the two boys that were sitting down, recording it all and laughing.

"Please?" The pair shouted in sync before looking at each other and laughing.

The pair left the conga line and ran over to the two. Harley grabbed Yomar's arm and pulled him up, then over to the dance floor. Abu threatened to burn all of Dlo's poptarts, therefore Abu got to stay sitting.

Yomar laughed along with the pair as they jumped around him, singing the song lyrics to the song that was playing.

"One, two, three, four, five
Everybody in the car, so come on, let's ride
To the liquor store around the corner
The boys say they want some gin and juice
But I really don't wanna
Beer bust like I had last week
I must stay deep because talk is cheap"

The pair shouted and Yomar laughed. Abu laughed from their booth in the corner as he watched Dlo and Harley let loose. They haven't been able to do this in a while, they were all happy that Kevin let them get a break.

"A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita is all I need
A little bit of Tina is what I see
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica, here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man"

The two shouted standing across from each other. Other people danced around them and Yomar jogged away when he had the chance and sat back down in his seat. The two didnt care though, as long as they had each other they were perfectly fine with acting like themselves.

"Jump up and down and move it all around
Shake your head to the sound
Put your hand on the ground
Take one step left and one step right
One to the front and one to the side
Clap your hand once and clap your hands twice
And if it looks like this then you doing it right"

To a lot of people Dlo and Harley probably looked like a couple, but they were just brother and sister that were living their best life possible. And they were doing it the way they wanted to, they didn't care about anything that someone else thought.

540 Words