e i g h t

(Filler chapter.)
Golden - Harry Styles
1:05━━♡━━━━━━━━━━━5:19
⇄  ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹  ↻

Mae shook her head as she wheeled her dad out of the hospital at 3am. He'd been jumping around on the sofa and fell off, snapping his wrist and ankle, also knocking himself out because who's head collided with the floor.
"At least it wasn't worse." Cook chuckled.
"Don't defend him, James." Mae hissed at Cook who held his hands up.
Mae's dad chuckled from his wheelchair.
"I like you kid." Mae's dad said, pointing at Cook.
Cook laughed and look at me who was trying to hide a grin.
"Well, I'll see you around." Mae said awkwardly to Cook who smiled at her.
"Nah, I'm going with you" He grinned.
Mae considered him for a moment, his eyes looking directly into Mae's.
"I suppose you can." She replied, starting to walk home, pushing her dad's wheelchair. Cook smiled for a second then followed after her.

***

"So, do you actually want me to sleep on the floor then?" Cook asked when they finally arrived to Mae's house and put her dad in his bed.
"Yeah?" Mae replied confused.
"But you've got a whole double bed?" Cook laughed.
"Fine, but I'm putting a pillow between us." She huffed.
They clambered into bed and turned their backs to each other.
"Mae?" Cook said.
"What." Mae replied.
"Fancy a cuddle?" Cook said.
"No." Mae stated.
"Okay." Cook finished.

Mae woke up with Cook's arm flung around her waist and his head nuzzled into her neck. She was confused at first but she nuzzled closer to him and tried to fall back asleep but she couldn't. She lightly pushed his arm off her so she could turn around. She admired the peaceful look on his face. Mae thought to herself that he was actually a good looking boy. She eyed his plump pink lips closely and thought about how many's girls they'd actually touched...and other things. That's when he flicked his eyes open.
"You staring at me?" He smiled, wrapping his arms around Mae and pulling her closer.
"Yes, and how come you're so bloody clingy?" She asked.
"I love a good cuddle me." He chuckled.
"Fairplay." Mae replied, smiling away to herself.