Chapter 1 "A Man Of Great Power"

(This is the Novelized Version)
June 25, 2025, 10:34 a.m.

Hodgkins

On an Ordinary Sunny and bright day, Cars were seen driving through the road as People were walking on the sidewalk either talking or using their cell phones. With modern skyscrapers being seen in the distance. Tall and Innovative they littered the city in their delight.

'What a nice day.'

A young man wearing civilian clothing thought as he wore a small grin while taking a glimpse at a playground and what some people were doing. However, some people who passed by looked at him weirdly as if he was crazy.

Hodgkins felt genuinely happy that most of the kids playing were having fun since he was mostly a lonely introvert when he was younger and a military enthusiast, which was one trait many of his family and coworkers disdained him for yet in their hypocrisy he tolerated their own weird hobbies and allowed them such peace.

Hodgkins in question was an average young man standing at 5.7 feet and with a mixture of black and brown hair who was wearing a greyish t-shirt and some long brown pants while also wearing a pair of green sneakers, he had personally bought with his income earned from his job at a nearby not to shabby restaurant as its manager. It was a look he had always favored and sought to wear in his spare time. 

He continued his walk to the mall as he was planning to buy some groceries for his mother and sister who was currently busy at home. His face was awash with a mixture of responsibility and annoyance as he knew how annoying they were to him if he did not comply with such endeavors.

"Looks like people are busy."

He quietly muttered to himself as he watched as some people passed by him while also noticing that some of them in particular, were dressed in formal civilian clothing which indicated that they must be going to their particular employments in question. Which reminded them of his shift probably later at 3 p.m. as the restaurant under his management tended to open at night.

'Although I must be careful since I might bump into someone.'

Hodgkins carefully reminded himself as he almost bumped into an Adult man who was bringing a suitcase with his left hand. Showing Hodgkins that he must be a man with important business to attend to.

He continued to walk for at least a few minutes until he finally reached the mall's entrance when suddenly a suspicious black van stopped in front of the entrance.

The door to the side of the van suddenly slid open as a team of 10 men wearing black masks with military vests got out of the vehicle. Armed with some stolen Kalashnikov Assault rifles, the men then aimed their rifles at the nearby civilians and security personnel several feet from the vehicle and used their weapons to open fire on some unlucky civilians who were just standing in front of the mal, killing several of them and injuring some who immediately got to cover.

Causing any Civilians to immediately flee the area with Hodgkins taking cover behind a metal bench. While also trying to analyze the armed men. To help the authorities in stopping them.

'FUCK!! WHAT THE HELL Did I get myself into?!!! This was just supposed to be an average day?!?.'

He is interrupted in his thoughts as the men proceed to enter the mall. Bursts of Automatic Assault rifle fire were heard as the men battled the security personnel within the building. The security personnel despite the surprise assault unsurprisingly put up fierce resistance to the bastards as they valiantly opened fire on the men and managed to injure at least 3 of the attackers.

'SHIT! I can't let those fuckers enter and cause some casualties?!!'

Hodgkins thought in anger and hatred as he ground his teeth. Unable to let the men responsible cause more destruction and deaths, he immediately sprinted in an attempt to follow the men but some of the terrorists who were guarding the entrance spotted him and fired at him he had to dodge several bullets which were merely several inches away from hitting him. The young man heard the bullets impact the concrete behind him as he ran from cover to cover until he found a perfect spot for his body to take cover, the heavy table protecting him from what he presumes is the 7.62 mm Rifle rounds those Kalashnikovs used.