Chapter 4

The full blown storm has now turned into a light drizzle. Seokjin watched the guests leaving the palace ground, wrapped in fur coats, their carriages disappearing among the heavy clouds. He wanted to go in and cover himself from the ruthless, freezing cold wind that felt like tiny needle in his face,but it seems like his shoes are stuck to the ground.

From the place that he has chosen, he can see the guests clearly in the eerie light casted by the glowing globes that floated in the air. Among the crowd, he spotted Lady Min and her daughters. The elder one, Min Soojin dressed in a deep maroon dress and a matching coat, was talking with her mother.
y/n stood close to them, looking like she's going to pass out any second from the exhaustion. It seems like her social battery is beyond dead.

He was regretting not meeting her earlier because he had started to like her already even though he only met her for few minutes.
Their carriage came to a halt before them and he saw y/n slipping off her shoes sneakily and couldn't help but let out a laugh.

He watched her gleaming black and blue hair disappearing inside the carriage before turning around to leave. He wanted to go to his room and hide himself for the rest of the day but he ended up going to his garden. It was a small patch of land ( floating land ??) that belonged to her mother before she passed away. It used to anger Jin but now he finds comfort in it. The garden was carefully maintained when his mother was in charge but now it's overgrown. The rain has wet the pathway and rose vines ran along on every unusable surface. It's not neat but still had an odd sort of a beauty to it. For some strange reason it reminded him of y/n. Now that he thought about it, the garden and her had so much similarities. He just met her but he had heard about her a lot. A rebellious, imperfect , aggressive soul but still has her own unique beauty.

       He sat down on a bench, not minding the wetness that seeped in to his pants and plucked a black rose that was blooming near by.

The deep black color of the rose contrasted nicely against his pale skin

The deep black color of the rose contrasted nicely against his pale skin. Many people, mortal and immortal alike sees black color as a color of death and things related. They find it ugly but for some reason he was drawn to this color. It is a thing that he cannot explain. The Black is beautiful, the sleek black panther, black spilled ink, black silk of his shirts and black roses had always been his favorite.

This rose itself is etched to his skin , right above his collarbone. No, it's not a tattoo, it was there when he was born. It's there on the same spot on his friends. Not many know of the fact that Ice Children too have their own way of ranking. This black rose speaks more than it looks. It says about their rank, their power. It holds a power that should not go to the wrong hands. If a child of a slave is born with this mark, they are to be slain on birth for that child's power is greater and more dangerous than the King who has a daisy which is powerful but not enough. So the king had made sure that no such child were to be born again. Jin and his friends were an exception because the king can keep an eye on them. But he is not sure how long that security will be. Needless to say that they king wasn't very pleased when he saw both of his sons born with a rose but not him.

" Hyung. I knew you would be here.  "

       A familiar deep voice said behind him. Jin turned around to find Yoongi, his brother, leaning against a tree.

He has grown so much right before his eyes into a handsome man he is now

He has grown so much right before his eyes into a handsome man he is now. His pale skin seems to glow in the darkening light. Jin gave him smile and patted next to him, silently inviting him to sit down on the now dried bench.

" Did you see father today? That jerk drank too much and started to flirt with every lady in sight. How embarrassing. "

He said, face scrunched in disgust.

" I didn't Yoongi-ah. I wasn't there you know. "

He shrugged, looking no less disgusted at their fathers actions. Yoongi didn't look surprised at his words nor did he asked why he didn't come. He has gotten used to this by now. True, Yoongi is not a very social person but when it comes to Jin he is in a whole another level of avoiding social events.

" You know, y/n was here. "

"Yeah, I met her "

A look of surprise flashed in his eyes. He is no doubt wondering why he decided to meet her after all these years.

" Oh finally. It's about time you meet her. She might be needed in future events. "

He said with a sly smirk.

" what future events? "

Jin asked, looking at his brother, confused only to be met with a mischievous smile that usually means trouble. So Jin was naturally worried. But Yoongi waved him off, promising to tell him later which didn't assured Jin at all.

" I am pretty sure that you and y/n will get along fine. "

He announced cheerfully ( too cheerfully ), obviously trying to change the topic and Jin decided to let him go for now.

" She is nice. "
He agreed.
" Oh she is... for us "

Yoongi said with a mad man's laughter that could've made Jin worried if didn't know him well. Min Yoongi is not a mad man, far from it , really. He is genius. That man loves to amuse himself by scaring the shit out of people with that laugh of a lunatic. He is mad in a way that a genius is mad. And Jin loves that about him.