Chapter 10

WARNING : mention of blood and death.

It was snowing, she noted. Feather light snow drops fell gracefully on to the floor where heaps of them had been gathered already. Some of them dropped and rested on top of her raven  black hair and the pale blue coat. The freezing cold wind lapped at her face, making it turn into a pleasant shade of pink. It was cold but instead of wanting to run away to somewhere warm she found it soothing here with snow on her hair and the wind tugging at her clothes.
A body of a man laid before her being the only black spot in the snow white world. The man was clearly dead with his blood pooling around him. She watched with an odd fascination as his dark red, fresh blood crystalize with the cold white snow. If it's just a drop snow would turn pink, that she knew but it's far from a drop and the ground around the man turned deep red with clusters of snow resting within the red pool. ' pretty' she thought.

" Beautiful isn't it? "

A voice said beside her ear, hauntingly familiar and she turned around to look. It was a boy. He had black hair and sharp, angelic features but the image of his face slipped from her mind, his features refusing to stick around. She knew him but did not at the same time. It frustrated her but no matter how much she tried, his face melted away like snow under the warm sun.
The faceless boy walked forward and bent down near the edge of the bloody pool. He touched the crimson blood and bought up his bloodied fingers to her face, the metallic smell filled her nose trills and he smeared them across her cheek.

And she woke up with a gasp.

Mind still struck in the dream, y/n unconsciously moved her hand towards her face, frantically searching for blood patches only to be met with warm tears running down her face. she wiped her tears with a sigh of relief and fought the urge to gag as the memory of the dream resurfaced in her mind. It's just a dream, a nightmare ( except it wasn't night) she knows that but it felt so real that she could still feel the smell of blood burning her nose trills and she gaged, unable to stop herself. The smell itself is not unfamiliar for her. After all she's a fighter and she had been injured many times, had injured many others. But the dream had been so disturbing that it felt like she had never seen or smelled blood before. She's no stranger to these nightmares, though. they seem to find joy in showing up and tormenting her. But every night they are becoming more and more gruesome and confusing for she has no idea why she keep seeing that faceless boy or why she can't recall his face.

" You okay?"

Startled, she quickly sat up on the couch? bed?  oh it's a bed! and turned around to search for the intruder, who turned out to be non other than Hyunjin. He stood a few feet away from her with his eyebrows pulled together in concern and she realised that tears were still running down her face.

" Yeah, just a dream "  she said, wiping out the tears while trying to figure out where she is because it doesn't look like her room in the palace.

It appeared to be the spare house she bought for herself when she wanted to escape the palace life. It was a pleasant house located in a secluded mountain, hidden from the mortals by the thick forest and tall waterfalls that surrounded the area. The windows were open and the moist, cool breeze filled into the room making pleasant tingles to run down her spine.

Hyunjin, upon recieving her dismissive answer, shrugged and moved towards the balcony and leaned against the railing.

" Was it bad?"  he asked.

" Oh you know, the usual."

she said, waving it off. Now that she's fully awake, she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at him because she was fairly sure she had come here alone.

" How are you here?"

she asked, leaning against the headboard.

" Through the door obviously. You gave me a key you know, not that I need it but anyway you said I can come and go as I please. So I did "
y/n rolled her eyes at the smug answer.

" I know that you dumbass. What I meant was how are you here as in how are you in this country? I know that you were in America this morning. You are moving too fast through the world. Would you like to explain? "

She asked and Hyunjin suddenly seems to find the floor very interesting as he looked at it like it will answer for him.
But with her gaze resting heavily on him, he finally looked up with a sigh of defeat.

" I may or may not have used a portal. "

He murmured, barely audible while glancing at her, trying to put a pitiful face, not succeeding at all. If anything he looked smug like a satisfied cat that scratched a couch when it's owner desperately asks it not to do so.

" That's against the law. No portal activity without a license. You have no license! "

She said, trying to scold but honestly, she doesn't give a damn about their so called law anymore than he does. It's full of flaws anyway.

" I know, I know rule number forty eight or was it forty nine, whatever. Since when did you care about rules anyway. "
She had no answer for that one.

" I am not here to talk about rules. I looked in to what you asked me to. "

He said, walking inside and sitting on her desk while he could've sat on the chair instead.

" Oh ?"

" Yeah. There are people gathering up in the north. By people I meant all sorts of people. Vampires, fey, werewolves, witches, hell even humans! I poked around a bit. And it seems like they are all whipped about this dude called 'guardian' who had promised them their greatest wishes. You know, bringing people from the dead, money, revenge and all sorts of good things! "

He said, waving his dramatically in the air but his expression as serious as she had ever seen.

" Why would people blindly believe him ? I mean, how can one be so powerful to bring back the dead?"

She questioned. Hyunjin had no answer for that. This becoming more and more complicated for her to handle alone. And her dreams too are bothering her more than they used to. Something is telling her that the two are somehow connected. This guardian person does not look like he's upto any good and she must...

" Oh you are finally going to tell your boy "

Hyunjin said, leaning forward his red eyes glinting. And y/n threw him a loathsome look.

" He's not my boy. "
" uh...huh "
" Shut up "
" never "

She threw a pillow at him and his quick reflexes couldn't save him as the pillow hit him square in the face.

" Just because I properly talked to a boy does not mean he is mine. Besides he's not the only one I am going to tell. "

She said searching the bed covers to find her phone.

" But you've never talked about someone like that "

" like what? "

" I don't know how to explain that! You get all sparkly eyed and-"

"I do not!"

" Yes you do! It's disgusting really "

They bantered back and forth and the memory of the bloody dream pushed into the very back of her mind.