Chapter 8

The steam poured out of the bathroom when Jin opened the door. The window was still open and a rush of cold wind hit his half wet body making unpleasant shivers run down his spine. Pushing some of the wet strands of hair out of his eyes, he made a move towards his closet and nearly jumped out of his skin when six pares of eyes met his line of vision. He quickly shook himself out of the shock and hurried across the room hid inside the closet but not before throwing a glare at their general direction.

" What are you lot doing here? "

he yelled after managing to quiet down his racing heartbeat. Seriously, the boys are going to give him a heartattack on one of these days.

" Nothing hyung. Just here to make sure that you are not breaking your promise."

He heard Namjoon's voice saying, way too close to the closet door.

" By the way, nice body hyung. I see you've been living in the gym recently."

Jimin's voice came through followed by muffled snickering that suspiciously sounded like Jungkook's. The cheeky brat, he doesn't need to go to gym to have a body like this he is not human for god's sake but the comment sent his ears flaming red anyway.

" Oh shut up!"

He muttered trying to put a black t shirt past his still wet head. He chose most human like clothes that he could find. A t-shirt, a pair of ripped jeans, boots and a dark grey coat. How comfortable, he mused. Way more comfortable than slippery silk shirts and heavy jeweled coats he has to wear in the palace. Ice children always choose fanciness over comfort and he hardly can tolerate it.

" So where do you want to go? "
He asked raking his memory, trying to remember when he even promised to do such thing in the first place.
They ended up in some park in the mortal world. It's name he didn't even bothered to learn about. The maknae line practically buzzed with excitement from the moment they step out and started to run around like some five year olds. Soon they dragged a complaining Yoongi and a laughing Hoseok along with them. Dizzy  from the portal, Jin sat down on the bench, clumsily nearly falling on his bum on the floor instead of the bench but managed to sit down without embarrassing himself.

Namjoon was apparently battling with himself, trying to choose between sitting with his hyung and playing with the others and eventually decided to do the latter

It's a cheerful day, mortal families enjoying the weekend under the bright sun and he watched with a pang in his heart as he watched a young father chasing his toddler sun who was giggling loudly. He himself never got a childhood like that. His father always had more time to politics and other things than his own son. He looked away from the father son when he heard shriek from Taehyung and looked over to see Hoseok tackling the other to the ground to tickle him leaving the other to let out a fit of giggles and shrieks and a fond feeling washed over him like welcoming warm blanket.
          Boys soon tired themselves out and crashed next to him on the bench and Jimin made himself comfortable on top of his lap letting Jin's complaints fall into deaf ears as the there were no more space left in the bench. Something made him think that Jimin would sit up on someone's lap even if there's enough space. 

" You dare to do those stupid things with me again and I'll make sure you suffer a great deal."

Yoongi, who came last threatened, a little out of breath after being chased by the youngest who cackles loudly calling him an old man.

The day went on and Jin end up buying ice cream for all of them and an extra one for Namjoon as he dropped his after the very first bite.

Yeah, this is surely one of the normal days with just the seven of them fooling around while the wind rustled through the trees, while a storm of screams churned and twisted far from them waiting for the right time to strike.