Chapter 6

The roads were wet from the rain and they reflected the neon lights from the nearby stores

              The roads were wet from the rain and they reflected the neon lights from the nearby stores. It's far too late for the shops to be open and the city was deserted except for some drunk people who were trying to get to their houses. y/n crouched down in the dirty alley, blending in with the shadows. A smell of something rotten came with the sudden breeze and she tried not to gag. She has indeed showed up in the dirtiest part of the city. After listening for a while, she came out of the alley, covering her face with the hood of her coat. The streets were empty and is mostly quiet.  The music of the small club was the only sound that came through the damp night air untill she heard a sudden yelp of a woman that disappeared shortly afterwards. y/n hurried towards the sound ending up in another ally, this one even dirtier than the previous one.  A  shivering bundle laid in the farthest corner with a shadow of a person bending over it.  She reached behind and unsheathed her sword, Frost , which glowed lightly in the dark alley.
She slowly edged towards the shadow, sword ready and stopped on her track when she saw the familiar bracelet adorned with rubies that glowed in her sword's glare.

" Breaking the law again, I see. "

She said, unimpressed and lowered  the sword that was about to cut the man's  throat.

The man on the ground lifted his face, his blood red eyes squinting at the glowing globe that started to float above y/n's now open palm.
The man had sharp handsome features, he had blood running down his chin staining his white shirt. His too pale skin glowed in the low light and he gave her a crooked smile, exposing his sharp fangs as he recognized her.

" Not quite. I'm not killing her. The law forbids to kill. So I am not exactly breaking the law. "

He said, giving her a smug look.

" You will if you go on like that, Hyunjin. "

y/n said nodding towards the woman on the floor before kneeling beside her

y/n said nodding towards the woman on the floor before kneeling beside her. She was already unconscious, her bright pink top soaked in her own blood.

" Oh, she won't die. When was the last time I killed someone? Now, move over will you? I am still hungry "

He said with a devilish smile with blood still running down his chin.

" Oh no! Find someone else Hyunjin. If you keep going, she'll die. "

y/n scolded, lightly pushing her away so she can have enough space to remove the woman's memory and blood stains. Hyunjin pouted, probably trying to look cute which he didn't succeed in with all that blood and everything. If anything he looked even scarier with the drying blood and fangs poking at his bottom lip.

Well, I should be going. Try someone else okay? Just try not to kill them. "

y/n said after finishing her task with the nameless woman.

" Going so soon? It's been ages since we last met. Can't you stay a while ?"

He asked looking so close to start whinnying. She had known Hyunjin since he was turned. The brand new turned fledgling had been abandoned by his sire without completing the sire bond. She found him in an alley in Seoul, confused and scared of the strange new world he's seeing now and of course thirsty like he's going to die without blood. She took him to one of the houses she owned in the mortal world and helped him to adjust to the new world, new him.
It's not easy for her to leave her so quickly but work has to come first.

" I'll meet you again soon okay? Just wait till I finish the job. "
She said softly.

" promise?"

" promise "

She said and left the alley as Hyunjin carried the unconscious woman to somewhere safe.