Off we go

"Eh heheh eh" England chuckled awkwardly, if you were to tell him back in the days of when he was still an empire and told him that one day he would be standing in front of his son.

And said son would be there intimidating him, and it was working. He would've laughed.

Now? Well, now he wouldn't deny it.

"England.... mind explaining to me why you're currently in 'my' pelican?" Alfred asked. The American then crossed his arms and cocked a hip slightly to the left as he continued to stare at the brit.

"Oh please, you would've done the same." England defended himself as he waved a hand at him, alfred faltered at those words as it seemed like the spartan knew that very well too. "*sigh* touche," alfred said now with a smirk and a chuckle.

Motioning for him to fallow, the spartan led england to the cockpit. In view was Reach down below. It was an earth like planet.

The lands were covered in lush green plant life with a few reds and oranges mixed in. The waters that surrounded the landmasses had a more green hue to it but were just as similar to earth's very own oceans.

The mountain tops were sharper than earth's too England noticed, any animals that scurried by were the most alien out of everything thus far.

"Where are we?" England then asked, "Manassas, it's one of reach's largest cities, " alfred clarified. From what England was able to see, the city was unnaturally quiet and equally empty as well.

"The UNSC evacuated almost everyone in the city," the older nations gaze was then cast downwards to the ground at the word 'almost.'

The UNSC 'almost' evacuated everyone, but he knew war came with a high cost, but still...

Once the pelican landed alfred opened the back and and the pair walked out and was greeted by the captain of the base, she was a tall woman fair skined with a lovely heart shaped face, her sungolden hair was a short Bob cut and was styled to show professionalism.

She had stern blue eyes that were sharper than glass shards. The most notable feature on her was a scar.

It was placed on the right side, and it ran from her forehead down her face to her chin. She had smaller scars that followed the largest of the bunch.

Her presence alone demanded respect.

"Captain Washington," alfred addressed. The woman then saluted him "Commander sir!" She said, alfred chuckled "at ease, " he replied, and as soon as he said that, the captain then relaxed her stance.

"It's good to see you, Amelia," alfred said. She could only sigh as her poster indicated exhaustion. " Likewise, it's been busy lately," she replied, "we've been monitoring the Insurrection for a while now, but we've been slowly seeing covenant hanging around recently."

She then began walking twords one of the larger buildings of the military camp. The camp itself was located far enough from the city, so no civilians got too close but close enough to see trouble.

England noticed that this camp was much larger than the camp he and the others arrived in. He saw marines chatting with one another as they worked, and ODST's ran by as they trained.

It seemed they were doing last-minute preparations.

Once inside the building, England then noticed more Spartans.

Specifically two, one was female and the other male. The woman's armor was similar to Alfred's yet different, possibly a different set of armor?

Hers was a dark grey in color, but it did have lavender accents most noticeable on her shoulders and upperthighs. Her helmet, however, had a much larger visor.