New Alexandria pt3

/AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why it took me this long I will never know and I apologize for the long ass wait!

What I can say is that I'm three chapters out from completion of book 1 here. YAY!! Thankfully, I know what I'm doing, and unfortunately, It will take me awhile. I plan on making these last three chapters GOOD!

So, hopefully, this chapter is satisfying to read so enjoy.

"UNDER HERE!!"

"P-please hel-help us"

"We got more civilians over here! Get me medical!!"

Randell felt his pulse quicken under his skin as the noise and the blurred motions of the other UNSC troops ran by, Trish had gotten a family out from under a collapsed building in time.

"Almost there," he breathed out. Seeing children cry in their families' arms, they were tromatized and hurt, but they were alive, and that mattered more, They were almost there, and he felt it. It was a feeling that he got whenever they were almost done, and it was accompanied by the shaking anxiety of hoping the outcome was in their favor.

Meanwhile.....

Alfred had a hard enough time keeping the covenant at bay, with the large numbers of grunts, the elites using their energy swords, and the brutes that kept charging at him it left him nearly no time to reload.

He then heard the familiar and heavy sounds of Covanet wraiths. Looking at the source of the noise, he saw two of the indigo colored plasma tanks. They slowly hovered over the corpses of both human and alien. They were taking aim and firing at large groups of UNSC soldiers. The huge machines then blasted out burning plasma shots being catapulted into the air.

They screeched as they arced over and hit their intended targets. The marines bearly managed to dodge out of the blasts radius. A few shrieked with plasma burns, while others called for backup and medical.

"Damn it," he growled out. He then changed at a group of brutes who, in turn, charged back at him enthralled at the challenge.

"Ahhh, face to face with a demon at last, I have heard much about you, I'll have fun tearing you limbs from their sockets!"

"Yeah, sorry, that's not gonna happen." Alfred replied through gritted teeth as he fought against them.

One of the brutes, dressed in heavy chieftain armor, swung a gravity hammer over the spartan, intending it to crush him. Alfred quickly moved out of its path, and as the energy of the hammer inflicted even greater damage to the ground below as chunks of concrete came loose and were flung all around.

Before Alfred could react with an attack, the second brute then swung at him with the end of a spiker. The spartan wasn't as lucky this time, feeling the blade of the weapon graze over his abdomen and chest armor. Alfred pummeled him in the face with the butt of his gun before firing it.

Even with one brute dead, he still had to worry about the two standing in front of him.

He quickly braced himself as soon as the chieftain charged at him.

Meanwhile...

"Aya! I need bandages now! You hold pressure here. " "Here?" "Yes here! Hold it tight, I need to get these around the wound, or we'll lose her!" Yao shouted out.