The next course of acton

"Captain Washington, we're returning to base."

*static...*

"Captain washington? Please come in."

*static....*

"What's the matter?"

"Captain washington isn't responding."

"Isn't responding? Maybe she's busy?"

"I dont think so, look!"

Down below them was the military camp that England had been at only hours ago, was now destroyed. "Bloody hell," he murmured, "Sp-Spar-Spart-an 0 ca-n-" the statically voice of the captain was suddenly cut off, Romano banged his fist against his knee "Damn it, I lost the signal," he said with frustration.

"gets us down there!"

When the pelicans landed, they were greeted to the sight of both dead humans and covenant. The spartans then made their way twords the wounded captain, "Amelia, what happened?" Alfred questioned. The blonde woman had bandages wrapped around her torso and arm, while the other was in a cast that was still being put together by a medic.

"The Covenant, obviously," she stated bluntly enough, as she then puffed on her cigar, alfred cursed to himself at the news.

He then told her he would radio in the morning star fleet, and bring in all the wounded and dead.

"It's going to get worse, isn't it?" England then asked the spartan, even behind that helmet and visor he knew alfred well.

He didn't want to confirm his worst fear and make everybody worry, but... yes, it was going to get worse. Much, much, worse.

And Alfred's gut instincts rarely ever failed him.

"Romano, natalya, do what you're able to do here while I call in Ellison and let him know the situation," alfred ordered. The other two looked at each other for a minute.

"Fine," Natalya said as she then walked off. Romano sighed, getting the feeling it was going to be a long evening.

England then turned his gaze to alfred, wondering what he was up to. "Come on," alfred then said, as the two walked into what was left of the small conference building they were in earlier that day.

"Admiral Ellison," alfred then greeted, as a small square appeared with only a line through it.

"Spartan 0" the line then moved in dramatic ups and downs, almost similar to that of a heart monitor.

"The Covenant are on reach," alfred said, the audio of him sighing heavily was heard. "I was afraid of that." Sir! The covenant!-" the voice of a younger man said. "I know I just heard!" Ellison then barked, "s-sir." The sound of footsteps and a door closing was then heard.

"Sir?" Alfred then asked, "alfred, tell Captain washington, congratulations, she'll be taking over command of the Morning Star fleet while me and the others higher-ups divisive a plan" he said.

"Yes, sir," he said. As the call ended, the two walked back over to the captain and told her the news.

"Well shit," was all she said.

Zombie noises, why must you be so difficult!?

Brain: because I can bi**t

*Does the bird at brain* screw you too, I don't need you *throws brain only to die*

Brain: *f***ing idiot*

Don't you love it when your brain refuses to work with you.