13: My Heart

"Sou-chan, you good?"

Tamaki ran up to Sougo as soon as the older boy exited the examination room in the hospital. Sougo collapsed once due to stress, which caused him great abdominal pain. He was here today with Tamaki for a check-up.

Sougo answered with a gentle smile on his face. "I'm fine, Tamaki-kun."

Tamaki's face lit up. "Yay!!! I'm so glad, Sou-chan!" Sparkles appeared in his light blue eyes. "Can we go to that Ousama Pudding booth in the hospital park?"

"Ousama pudding again?" Sougo chuckled. "Sure, but don't eat too much, okay?"

"'Kay~" Tamaki skipped joyfully to the hospital park. Once he got there, he ran straight to the small booth selling his favourite pudding. While Sougo was following behind, a group of children wearing hospital clothes caught his eye. They were surrounding a young man with red hair. Curious, Sougo decided to walk closer to them.

"That man... is he singing?" Sougo took a moment to listen to a children's song. The man's voice was crystal clear. The tone was very pleasant to his ears. Sougo wished he could stand there and listen forever. That beautiful voice drew him closer to the source. Not wanting to startle the man or the children, Sougo kept his distance.

Sougo gasped when he saw the face of the singing man.

"Onii-san, one more song pleawse!" One by one, the children pleaded with the man to keep singing.

"Alright, just one more, okay?" The man offered the children a kind smile.

Sougo found it touching as if he was looking at an angel. The smile, though small, looked gentle. It offered warmth in a way Sougo could not explain.

Sougo was transported into another world the instant the man started singing. Ah, how he wished he was a child of a loving parent, as this must be what it felt like. The hospitalised children could probably feel this warmth as well. They went quiet, listening intently instead of singing along.

Kujou Riku-kun, were you always this tender and caring?

———####################################————

Iori ventured into a cafe full of flowers in town. Every part of the place, be it the stairs, the rails, the lights, the window edges, and the counter, were decorated with fake flowers such as roses and hydrangeas. Vases of elegantly arranged real flowers were put on each table. He didn't think Nanase Tenn would pick a place like this as their meeting spot.

"I'm not into flowers and all that," Tenn spoke, keeping a straight face. "They serve nice floral tea here, and since you offer to pay, might as well pick a good one." Actually, Tenn loved cakes here. He did not want to say it directly, though.

Iori let Tenn have his preferred set for two when they got to the counter. Internally, the boy jumped for joy when he saw Tenn pointed at that set. It offered two flowery, creamy and fluffy white cakes. Yup, totally cute. By the way, yes, Iori offered to pay because he hated to bother TRIGGER when they were so busy, but there was a matter he had to discuss.

Soon, the boys found themselves at the table in the corner. "So, what is it that you want to talk about, Izumi Iori?" Tenn asked casually. He started eating the cake in front of him without wasting a second. He didn't even touch the tea in the pot.

"I met Kujou Takamasa the other day."

Immediately, Tenn placed his fork down and began listening intently.

"He called Kujou-san a monster. I want to know if you have any idea what he meant by that."

Tenn looked angry. "Calling my sweet Riku a monster. How dare he."