20: My IDOLiSH6

"Kujou-san."

The fateful day finally came: the day that I6 would go on stage and create ultimate entertainment, the day Riku would watch them from the side. Just before I6 went on standby, Iori came to Kujou, no, Nanase Riku one last time. Riku had his surname changed officially, he just hadn't got a chance to tell anyone. Iori placed his hand on Riku's shoulder, knowing this would be one of the toughest days for Riku. The former idol would most likely have to deal with a lot of emotions. Iori also wanted Riku to see how far they've become because of Riku's effort. "Please watch the whole performance. Promise to look only at us and think of nothing else. Our show will take your pain away. And if you end up hurting afterwards, I'll be with you."

Riku, wearing his disguise and staff tag, nodded in appreciation. "I won't take my eyes off of you, Iori."

Iori blushed. "T-that's not what I-"

"Go, Iori." Chuckling, Riku pushed Iori's shoulder and signalled for the boy to turn around. "They are waiting for their centre."

~~

The audience screamed the instant I6 appeared, jumping from below the stage with 'Viva! Fantastic Life!!!!!!!'. Starting with their new energetic song instantly hyped the fans up. As promised, Riku kept his eyes on Iori and the other boys. He was their training coach. It was his duty to watch them right to the end of their performance.

Duty, huh? Was it really? Even if Iori did not tell him to watch them, Riku found himself attracted to their live performance. Each member was shining brightly in their own way. Tamaki's dance was flawless. Nagi's charm couldn't be competed with. Yamato's expressions were on point. Mitsuki's energy was through the roof. Sougo worked as a perfect connecting point for them. Lastly, Iori was the definition of perfection. He was the IDOLiSH6 centre, the one and only. No one else could take that place. He was a charming prince who had his soldiers under his command. Riku's heart raced so fast he felt it was going to burst from his chest. I6's performance had always been dazzling to him, but had it always been this blinding? Those boys were taking him, a living doll, on an emotional ride.

"Riku-san, are you alright?" Seeing Riku's face, Tsumugi couldn't help worrying.

Riku was smiling and crying at the same time. He felt proud of the boys he worked so hard with. Being where he was, he heard the fans' voices. They were definitely brimming with excitement and happiness. Seeing their smiles made Riku feel happy about I6's success. At the same time, he felt jealous and bitter. He should have been the one standing on that stage giving those people joy.

"Riku-kun..." Banri approached the training coach. Riku immediately took hold of his manager's suit and cried in it.

"I'm *sob* so happy for them," Riku spoke with his shaky voice. "They are so dazzling I- wahhhhh." The boy ended up crying out loud, in a good way. Sure, he was hurting, but he realised now how much he loved IDOLiSH6, how much he loved Iori, and how much he wanted Iori to pull everyone up and shine like a superstar. His superstar.

Perhaps the former idol could accept living his life for IDOLiSH6, and for Iori.

~~

"We did it! We did it!"

Riku remembered how the I6 boys gathered around him the instant they stepped off the stage. They were without a doubt the happiest boys in the world at that moment. Now that they were back at the dorm, they were preparing to celebrate. Nothing could beat a simple dinner celebration where everyone mingled together. Needing a bit of fresh air, Riku stepped out into the backyard. Strange, he couldn't quite see dusk as it was. He still felt like he was at the concert dome, watching the IDOLiSH6 boys dance their hearts out.