11.

TODAY WAS the day of Prince Ben's coronation, meaning I had to wear a dress. I'm not a big fan of dresses but it was mandatory, so Evie, involuntarily made me one.

We watched it happen up from the dias, with me in between Evie and Carlos, who was holding Dude. We all looked at one another, unsure of this plan and if we even wanted to execute it.

They opened the heavy wooden doors, revealing Ben and we all bowed when he passed us. I could see how sad Mal looked about helping her mother take over the world. Fairy Godmother walked up to Adam, took his crown off his head gently, stepped in front of Ben, a step higher, and placed it upon the, now king's head.

The beast raised the glass lid off of Godmother's wand, revealing the sparkly stick. Mal looked up at us, notifying us three that she was ready. 

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" She asked him, now holding her wand delicately. 

"I do solemnly swear." Ben nodded. 

"Then it is my honour and my joy to bless our new king." She recited, then suddenly a hand grabbed the wand from her making everyone gasp.

A lighting bolt was released from its tip and shot out. I could feel the ground shake lightly, I think that might have put a hole in the barrier of the Isle, uh-oh. 

"Child, what are you doing!?" I then looked at who stole it and it was Jane. 

"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" She cried, struggling to hold the magic artifact while Ben ran over and covered his girlfriend.

"Take cover!" The beast advised everyone and Mal ran over grabbing the wand from the stupid girl.

"Be careful, Mal!" Belle yelled and she finally took it.

"It's time to go." I said to the three up here with me and they nodded before we started running down.

Jane ran away into the crowd of students and Ben tried to reason with M. "Mal, give me the wand."

"Stand back." She said as we ran through the doors and to her. "Ben, I said stand back!"

"I told you so!" Audrey interrupted her boldly then screamed when she pointed the wand at her.

"Let's go!" Carlos told Mal.

"Revenge time." Jay reminded her. 

"You really want to do this?" Ben asked her genuinely.

"We have no choice, Ben! Our parents-" Mal shouted at him.

"Your parents made their choice. Now, you make yours." Ben tried to reason with her. 

"I think I want to be good." She confessed. 

"You are good."

"How do you know that!?" Mal yelled. 

"Because..because I'm listening to my heart." He sighed, finding an answer quickly.

"I want to listen to my heart, too." She put down the wand. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents. I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team, makes you happy. And you, scratching Dude's belly, makes you happy. Who would've thought? And Jinx, reading, drawing, and spending time with any of us, makes you happy. And Evie, you do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart. And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school..and be with Ben. Because Ben makes me really happy."

Mal turned to Ben showing her ring that was once his and turned back around to us. "Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys."