14.

I OPENED the door of the boys' room and saw that both of them were present. It was now dark outside because I and Evie were making Ben an outfit, I know, I know, not the most important thing but Mal also needed some time to chill. "Perfect, you're both here. I have some... news." I sighed.

They both looked over at me from their beds, curious. Jay spoke first, "News?"

"Y-Yeah. Mal went back." I informed, fidgeting with my rings.

"Went back?" Carlos repeated, sitting up in his bed. 

"The Isle." I answered his question and both their eyes widened. 

"What!" Jay shouted. "Have you told Ben?"

"He was the third to know after Evie and I." I nodded. "We're going to the Isle tonight with Ben, so I need you two to get dressed and ready, now."

"On it," Carlos added, standing up. 

"K, we'll meet you guys back at our dorm in ten." I nodded before I left the room just as quickly as I came.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

I chose to bring my backpack instead of my crossbody one, seeing as I couldn't really run with that. I put my dagger into its sheath and swung my bag over my shoulder.

"So, what were you two doing before I came in?" Evie asked, doing her hair.

"Us two?" I repeated, wondering who she was referring to.

"You and Carlos, of course, Jinx." She scoffed playfully as if it was obvious, which, now that I think about it, was.

"Well... I guess I'll just rip off the bandaid. Carlinx is a thing, he asked me to Cotillion." I chuckled, putting on my heeled boots.

"What!?" She looked at me from the mirror reflection. "Really?"

"Yep." I smiled, thinking back to us kissing happily. 

"Finally, I've been waiting six months for this moment!" E squealed rushing over and wrapping me in a hug.

"I know." I informed her, she always joked about us making out under the bleachers after his tourney practice. (i don't recall ever even writing this sentence.)

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and I let go of Evie, opening the door, which revealed Carlos, Jay and Ben. 

"Good, you're here. Did you get the keys and remote?" I asked Ben and he replied by jiggling the keys in his hands. 

"Ok, let's hurry up!" E ordered grabbing her heart purse and passing the boys out the door. 

"Yep, come on boys." I nodded passing them as well.

We ran down the halls and flights of stairs, bursting through a pair of doors and outside. We rushed down the last few steps to the parked limo.

"Jay, keys, remote." Ben shouted, throwing them at him and he caught them swiftly. 

"Wait! Something's wrong." Evie called out and we all froze, turning to her, but she just fixed Ben's hat. "There."

"Shotgun!" Dude yelled and we all then turned to him on the ground, their eyes widened at the fact that he could talk. 

"No, Dude, stay. The Isle is way too dangerous." Carlos denied and he whimpered sadly. 

"Did he just.." Jay gasped.

"Talk, yeah." I said with a tight smile. 

"Tell you later." The white-haired boy brushed off the topic and we all piled into the car.