24.

DOUG, JANE, and Gil went off to find Fairy Godmother while we stayed and waited until it was dark to go to Fairy Cottage. So, since it was still broad daylight, we had some time to kill.

I was sat down on the couch with Carlos's arm around my side. "So, what's with Ben and the beard?"

"Oh, he was turned into the beast by Audrey." He explained looking over our shoulders at the King who was talking to Mal.

"Huh, father like son." I shrugged.

"Yep." He sighed.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

We crept around the trees in the forest, carefully, in case Audrey was still home. Ben threw the door open but was found with nothing inside. We walked around looking for Audrey as Jay ran upstairs to do the same.

"She's not upstairs." Jay shook his head.

Suddenly there was banging on the door behind Ben, and we all turned to it, cautiously. Ben looked through the window and lifted the wood piece, blocking the door. I looked down and saw Chad on the ground.

"Chad?" Ben asked, confused.

"I want my mommy." He confessed as the King tried to help him up, but he flinched away. "No!"

"It's okay." Ben helped him up anyway and he let him this time. "What happened, buddy?"

Chad looked around frantically for something, probably Audrey. "Hmm..Ben. Ben!" He gasped grabbing the lapels of his jacket. "Your face..She's gone? Huh? The door is open. I'm free. Freedom! Ooooh!" He yelled running out the door.

I started to snicker with Harry at how immature Chad looked and acted. We all started to file out as my brother shut the closet door.

"Ooh.. All right, let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already. What do say, girls?" Uma sighed and Mal laughed. "Time to wrap things up?"

"You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up." Ben said, with an arm over M's shoulders.

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over." Evie smiled happily.

"Mal?" Ben looked confused.

"I have to tell you, guys, something." Mal admitted and we all stopped walking. "Umm..I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle."

We all looked at each other as Jay spoke up. "What do you mean?"

What did she mean? If they threw Harry back in, how would any of us see our family? And those kids..we promised that they would get a chance to come here. A second chance..

"The program is shut down..and the barrier..will be closed for good."

"For Auradon's safety." Ben finished.

Harry grunted pointing the hook at her with a tight-lipped smile, from beside me.

"Hold up." Uma shook her head, stepping closer to M. "So, we're saving your precious people and your behind for a lie. I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself."

Harry walked over to Ben, pointing. "And you, King Benny..you're probably just gonna throw us all back inside.."

Celia did the same as Uma, walking up to Mal. "You know what? I actually thought you were brave. You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again."

"Celia.." Mal sighed. "Celia. Celia, no!"

She grabbed the ember from her hand and dropped it into a bird fountain.

"Celia!" Evie yelled as she ran off into the forest.

"No! No." She took it out of the water, "Regain your might and ignite! No..Regain your might and ignite!" She looked at Uma because the shell could repower it.

"Bummer..Go find Gil and leave them all to rot." Uma shrugged, ordering Harry.

He nodded before walking over to me, sadly. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and he reciprocated the hug.

"I'll see ya later, Jinx." He sighed in my hair knowing we probably would never actually see each other again.

I pulled away, sniffling. "Bye Harry."

I watched him walk away, passed Mal and she yelled. "Uma!" She turned around to us. "Evie, Jinx..I'm so sorry..I'm sorry, I just..I thought that...I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friends. But I had to do something. I-I had to protect Auradon. "

"Are you serious? Closing the barrier was your idea?" I scoffed walking over to her with Eve.

"I did it for us. I did it for our life that we have here now."

"For our life?" E asked pointing to herself.

"What about the kids we left on the Isle? We just break our promise to let them have a second chance here? We were their only hope, Mal." I started sniffling with glossy eyes.

"I thought you were gonna stand up for the VKs. But instead, you lied to them. And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Carlos. And you lied to us." Evie said pointing at everyone one of us.

"We're your family..But I guess that meant nothing to you." I shrugged, chuckling and wiping my eyes.

"Jinx..come on. I had no choice!" Mal yelled as we began walking away.

Then everything went back for a split second. I coughed holding my stomach. "What the fuck was that?"

"Come on. Let's go." Ben said and we followed him out of the forest.

"You good?" Evie asked me with a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah." I nodded, smiling sadly.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

I stood behind Carlos's chair in Audrey's room. Audrey was basically dying on her bed and we had no options. I leaned on my elbows with my hands on my boyfriend's shoulders.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades." Mal sighed at the side of the bed.

"Hades? He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it." Ben disagreed, shaking his head.

"Bet Mal would." I snickered, standing up straight, hands still on Carlos.

"And why's that?" The king asked, turning around and cocking a brow at me.

"Because he's my father." Mal replied and everyone except me, Evie, and Celia was shocked.

"Okay... Well, I'll have to send guards to get him." Ben sighed, fixing his belt.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride." Uma suggested as Carlos, me and Jay all walk over, closer to them. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

Harry walked over placing his hands on her shoulders. "Well, then, you'll need your first mate."

"The Isle will be in very good hands." M agreed, nodding and the two pirates smiled.

"Can I go too?" Celia asked, standing up. "I wish I could be in both places."

M stood up slowly. "I really think that Evie was right and.. I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserve so much better than that."

"You were just trying to do the right thing." Jay accepted her apology.

"Yeah." Uma agreed.

"I get it." Evie accepted it too, standing up now.

"We should get a move on now, then." Daughter of Ursula said.

"Right." Ben nodded and Harry came over to me.

"Fun seeing you, Jinx." He grinned.

"Can't say the same." I chuckled before hugging him again. We weren't sure if the barrier would remain closed forever yet, so just in case it did.

"See you later, Goth." Harry nodded as we pulled apart.

"Later, Hook."