03 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖬𝗂𝖽𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖠𝗆𝖻𝗎𝗌𝗁

_____꧁❀꧂_____

"Money's all here," Y/N spoke through the phone. "A million euros and counting, yes."

Her leather boots left dusty footprints on the carpeted floor, loose floorboards creaking underneath. A hellish ray of red light basked her coated figure as she smoked a fair length of cigar, her quellazaire dripping with fine, gray ashes as she tapped the gem-studded end. Y/N puffed a thick cloud of suffocating smoke to the ceiling, engulfing the wandering bugs into an intoxicating fog.

"What do you mean you missed a vault?" She tilted her head, her voice falling into a venomous pitch. "How many times do I have to tell you to work meticulously, you useless sons of a fuck!"

"It's not our fault the Jangs are quite good at hiding their fortune, miss."

"Pugsy delivered the overall blueprint of the building to you dumbasses! You mean to tell me that you merely skimmed through the entire illustration and bounced?!"

"We're terribly sorry, miss. We swear to never let it happen again."

"As you should," Y/N's eyes narrowed. "Because you know hell's gonna break lose if you fail to meet my expectations for the last time. Now where's your cash?"

"We're on our way, miss. We got a plenty of chunks in the trunk."

"Meet us at the warehouse near the grand canal. Pugsy and Tut will be there to welcome you first."

"Noted, miss."

Y/N dropped the receiver back to the landline as though she just dusted off a poisonous spider. A disgruntled bubble bursted from her chapped lips, prodding her to snatch a bottle of whiskey from a nearby cabinet. She poured a generous amount into a glass, itching to feel its briney taste run down her throat. With a swig, she took a massive gulp, her face scrunching as the flavor hit her tongue.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Her tired eyes darted to the door. Pugsy walked in with a black bag strapped around his shoulders. Placing the liquor down, she signaled him to come forward. Her minion could tell that she had had a bad night. More than half of the Jang's estate remained undiscovered. Unidentified. Untouched. It irked her senses.

"What's that?" Y/N puckered her lips towards the bag. "Euros?"

"Our East Gang's share, yes."

"Leave it," she scoffed. "Bold of them to ask for a penny after what they've done."

Pugsy wordlessly submitted. Y/N reverted her gaze to her boots, a boring yawn eacaping her mouth. She downed another shot of whiskey, her taste buds begging her to cease.