08 : 𝖬𝗂𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝖨𝗆𝗉𝗈𝗌𝗌𝗂𝖻𝗅𝖾

_____꧁❀꧂_____

"The Coussac Times : 'Masked Terror' Crashes Spring Ball"

"Messenger : More Than 100,000 Euros Missing As 'Le Mystique' Bags Another Heist"

"The Golden Quill : Mayor Jang To Double His Security Officials After Last Night's Trauma"

"In The Now : 'The Masked Phantom Of Futuristic Couture' Remains Coussac's Most Wanted Criminal"

"Le Centrale : Y/N L/N— The Reigning Face Of Fashion And Evil"

It was mayhem.

Inspector Kang had to enter the CCPD through the backdoor to dodge the swarm of nosy press waiting to hear his side of the story. The news of Y/N's successful misdemeanor spread across the City of Coussac like an unstoppable wildfire, prompting the media to gather around the Jang's mansion and the police department in search for information.

Chief Leroy was beyond appalled, the memory of the red-dressed criminal escaping his team in such a smooth manner burned inside his head like a blazing tattoo. He knew he could never get a hold of her on his own, hence he asked Inspector Kang for help— but it seemed as though even the cleverest of his men are still quite vulnerable. Y/N L/N was a trickster. An irredeemable outlaw. A vengeful villain. A desperado yearning to quench her cruel thirst for fame.

"Inspector Kang," Chief Leroy grimly addressed. "How's your arm? Better?"

The young detective silently closed the heavy mahogany behind him. He paid his hierarchy a stoic glance, his scraped cheeks and bandaged limb visible underneath the dim light. A puff of cigar billowed from the elder's mouth. He beckoned the junior to come forward in which he wordlessly did.

"I'm fine," Inspector Kang sat on a cushion. "I've had it worse, chief."

"Mayor Jang's utterly displeased," Chief Leroy shook his head. "Who would've thought that the beautiful Blanche Monica was nothing but a mere disguise all along?"

"What happened to Mr. Cartier?"

"Ah, he's out of town. I had a cop come to his residence this morning, but the place was empty. I suppose Y/N used his absence as an alibi."

Inspector Kang casually turned to the noisy television propped on a cabinet. Mayor Jang's tired face appeared on the small screen, a grayscale frown evident amidst the sea of cameras and microphones jabbed towards his shaken frame. Mrs. Jang and Ivy lingered behind the politician, both seemingly disheveled and stricken. The detective felt his heart squeeze.

"It was a nightmare," Mayor Jang narrated. "One that I will never forget. Y/N L/N has stolen almost half of our assets. Now, she's hauled Mr. and Mrs. Monet's charity vault. This is unforgivable."