09 : 𝖶𝗁𝗒 𝖶𝖾 𝖢𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖧𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖭𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌

_____꧁❀꧂_____

Y/N sat with a few of Coussac's most wanted criminals. Circled around a small table, she and the stoic-faced gangsters exchanged a couple swigs of Hennessy, their lungs filled with wisps of white smoke from the cigarettes they had wasted. It has been a week since she crashed Mayor Jang's party and those seven grueling days had given the press nothing but boring news headlines. It was as though the media solely relied on Y/N's stunts and crimes for entertainment. Not even Ivy's alleged infidelity could quench their thirst for drama.

Behind the rising cloud of wispy nicotine and thin poker cards, Y/N straightened. She crossed her legs, the smooth fabric of her dress sliding down. One of her peers caught glimpse of a gun holster strapped around her thigh. She noticed his prying gaze, hence she smirked, clearly taunting him to say something. Flabbergasted, the male looked elsewhere.

"We need to plot a better plan against the Jangs and their allies," Y/N prompted, twirling her quellazaire. "I want it grand. Dangerously grand. Speak your mind, boys."

"Kennedy's got a cacao plantation near the city's border," a buff guy raised his hand. "I suggest that we burn it to the ground."

"The State Bank's still bulging with tax money," the other chimed in. "Perhaps a thought-out heist could suffice."

"I've heard Deborah's signed a deal to close a local foster home."

Y/N raised a brow. "Why?"

"She probably wants to provide a space for her new fashion house. You know how big her industry has grown."

"If that's the case," she flicked a pint of cigarette ash to the floor. "Then we must stop her before she sends a bulldozer to tear the place down."

"We do have the money. We can split it into a certain amount, so we could give it to the foundation."

"The fuck are you talking about?" A bald man pounded his fists on the wood. "Us? Lavishing them with our hardwork?"

"Got a problem with that, Mr. Bourbon?" Y/N mockingly hummed. "Scared to lose a fortune?"

"Miss, you know damn well that we risked our lives to gather all these stash!"

"You must think that I merely sit in my room and do nothing but drink, darling."

"We're a bunch of delinquents, miss. We don't waste no cash on these unfortunate motherfuckers."

"Oh," Y/N airily cackled. "Mr. Bourbon, I pity you. You may be Coussac's most feared murderer, but your selfishness reeks stupidity to me."

Mr. Bourbon rose from his cushion, a deep flush of ugly puce tinting his once pale visage. Pugsy and Tut quickly stood beside their boss, tough arms crossed protectively. Y/N remained unfazed however.