04 : 𝖧𝗂𝗌 𝖶𝗈𝗋𝗌𝖾 𝖯𝗋𝗈𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗆𝗌

_____꧁❀꧂_____

Inspector Kang felt as though he was stuck in a maze, trying to connect the dots to find the exit. Who Y/N L/N was and how she became the city's most notorious criminal remained a mystery. It tickled his curiosity even more, especially now that he had discovered the cruel beauty behind the dark mask. Like a bubble bursting midair, it triggered a lot of questions inside his head. He wondered what could've possibly convinced 'The Untouchable' to step out of the shadows.

Interrogations were raised the next morning as his coworkers caught glimpse of the thin, red streak on his cheek. He refused to disclose anything, hence he weaved a white lie. He made a bee-line to his office and sat, completely restless. Behind the mountainous heap of newspaper clippings and tabloid articles he worked, scanning each and every page for a clue. He left no headline unread, no gossip unheard, and no piece of evidence untouched.

"The Golden Quill : Most Wanted Outlaw On The Run; Jang Family Under Threat"

"In The Now : Coussac Locals To Protest Against Mayor Jang"

"Le Centrale : 'Le Mystique' On Her Endless Grudge Towards The Jangs"

"The Coussac Times : Y/N L/N— A Fashionista Or Scandalosa?"

To him, Y/N was nothing but a frail woman—  a fame-starved criminal. A desperado. A coward. A wicked outlaw. His thick brows furrowed, yielding concentration. He hasn't slept all night and he badly wanted to rest, but with his determination spiking through the roof, he knew better than to drift off.

"Taehyun!" An angry voice made him snap back to reality. "Taehyun, you can't be serious!"

Inspector Kang dreadfully sighed as his girlfriend barged in, fuming. Ivy's heels obnoxiously tapped on the floor, her studded handbag swinging sideways. She slammed a document against the hard desk, prompting the man to lean forward.

"I can't believe you're digging through Y/N L/N's case without telling me!"

"What about it?"

"You know damn well that I hate that woman!" Ivy hysterically shrieked. "She's stolen our assets, threatened my dad for years, and crashed into every single one of my parties!"

"Darling, why so tense?" Inspector Kang gently inquired. "Listen, I'm doing us all a favor, alright? Aren't you supposed to be thanking me for this?"

"I just don't like the idea of you going near that bitch!"

"I can smell your jealousy from here, sunshine."

"I'm not jealous!" Ivy furiously denied. "You know what, forget it! God, you're no help!"