11 : 𝖣𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖡𝗅𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖬𝖾

_____꧁❀꧂_____

Inspector Kang found himself tied to a pole the next morning. Locked up in a spacious room, he assessed the sunrays shining through the paned window and the chains binding his wrists and ankles at one point. He frustratingly struggled, the feeling of drowsiness fading into a blur as his instincts gradually kicked in.

The memory of last night's failure mocked him dearly, flashing before his doe eyes like a burning film refusing to come to an end. The detective seethed to himself, his fingers barely fumbling with the steel bands restricting his joints. Hell, he couldn't even stand.

"Bullshit," Inspector Kang sucked on his teeth in agitation. "I should've known damn better."

Creek.

His gaze diverted towards the door. There materializing from the rain of dust and cobwebs was Y/N's silhouette. She let the sunbeams bathe her figure, eliciting a fearless visage as she carried a tray of what seemed to be her prisoner's breakfast. Inspector Kang internally cursed.

"I apologize for the terrible accommodation," Y/N monotonously trailed, dropping the food to the floor. "If you weren't such a prying, little scumbag, I would've done better."

"Release me," Inspector Kang demanded. "Now."

"Do you really think I'd listen, officer?" Y/N raised a brow. "Oh, you want to break free? Sure, let me just undo these knots et voilá? Stupid much?"

"What the fuck do you want, L/N?"

"Nothing. I just want to keep you since you can't be running down the streets, screaming my address."

Y/N casually moved the tray closer to Inspector Kang, encouraging him to dig in. The detective stubbornly kicked the meal away and even went further into upturning his serve of hot porridge. He shot her a deadly glare, acknowledging the familiar sense of disgust spiking through his veins.

"Don't blame me, love made me crazy. If it doesn't, you ain't doin' it right. Lord, save me, my drug is my baby. I'd be usin' for the rest of my life."

"I've been breakin' hearts a long time and toyin' with them older guys. Just to play things for me to use."

Y/N merely sighed, stowing the spoiled breakfast aside. She slowly crouched to her heels, her smoky eyes staring straight into Inspector Kang's brown ones. The man hardly gritted, his jaw clenching in fury.

"It's quite rare for a criminal to offer her hostages the least she could bring," she boringly blinked. "You're supposed to be thanking me as I chose not to starve you, but God, you're ungrateful."

"I don't see why I should take something from a delinquent like you," Inspector Kang retorted. "I may have been hasty, but I'm not that naive to trust an irredeemable whore."