12 : 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝖿𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝖮𝖿 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖣𝖾𝗏𝗂𝗅

_____꧁❀꧂_____

"Move faster!" Pugsy growled, pushing Inspector Kang towards the gates of the old warehouse.

The afternoon sun striked from the sky, united with the swallows flying by and the thin cloud of smoke dominating the pale blue. Inspector Kang staggered, his feet tripping over invisible things. Pugsy grasped him by the shirt, his strong grip causing the detective to grunt. In line with Y/N's request, Inspector Kang had found himself awoken from his short nap after lunch, his lurching stomach protesting as he boarded a van to get to a stranger place.

Now that the run-down establishment unraveled before his doe eyes, he realized that there was no point of turning back. He was in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a dense stretch of trees and a wide canal. Although, there a spark of hope rekindled his sole interest as he knew that he'd come to see his three missing seniors. Him and Pugsy stepped into the building, feeling the intolerable heat seep through their clothes.

"Where are they?" Inspector Kang gritted. "Where are the hostages?"

"Patience, scumbag."

"Don't you dare fucking call me that you-"

"Inspector Kang!"

The young detective immediately spun to where the voice resonated from. There he found Officers Vernier, Fontaine, and Lyon, all tied into their respective poles. They seemed dirtier than before, the unusual glimmer in their irises hinting desperation and misery. The scratches on their cheeks became more prominent beneath the rays of sunbeams cascading from the flawed ceiling, illiciting evidences of torture and suffering. Pugsy pushed Inspector Kang once again, beckoning him to move forward. The chains binding the man's wrists rattled, restraining him from going farther.

"Officer Vernier," Inspector Kang breathed in relief. "Thank the heavens, you three are still alive."

"Barely," Officer Lyon tutted.

"What happened to you, kid?" Officer Fontaine questioned, his brows stitching together. "How the fuck did you end up here?"

"My hasty decisions led me to my failure," Inspector Kang grimly responded. "But it's fine, we're gonna find a way. I'm not gonna let us die in the hands of that sinister woman."

"You bet," Officer Lyon scoffed. "That bitch cannot be fooled. If you think that you can escape her sight, then you're an idiot."

"Shut your mouth," Officer Vernier spat. "The boy's right. We just need a clear plan."

"You guys sure are funny," Pugsy joyfully commented. "You really think we're gonna let you puppies slip away?"

"Zip it, dickhead," Officer Fontaine scowled, his diction that of a fearless tone. "You don't scare the shit out of me."

Click!

Inspector Kang gulped as Pugsy aimed his pistol at Officer Fontaine's nose. The policeman held his breath, a glint of regret tainting his once tough visage. The fair detective struggled within his cuffs for the umpteenth time, hissing as the cold steel refused to grant him his freedom. By then, Y/N walked in. She had a telephone glued to her left ear- she was talking to someone. She talked rather quietly, her voice pitched into a hushed whisper. Inspector Kang frowned, inching slightly to eavesdrop.