05 : 𝖥𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗌 𝖦𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖳𝗈 𝖡𝖾 𝖡𝖺𝖽

_____꧁❀꧂_____

"Don't cry anymore, please?" Her father frowned in concern. "Papa will be fine, okay?"

Y/N choked on her own spit, her fingers desperately trying to dry her tear-stained cheeks. A hiccup rang from her chapped lips, hinting that she had been sobbing for hours. Her father pouted. Reaching out, he pretended to caress her hair. Oh, it would've been nice if he weren't sitting on the other side of the glass barrier, clad in his prison clothes.

"Papa did something bad," he shamefully mumbled. "Papa loves his angel, but she doesn't deserve to live with a criminal."

"No," the girl shook her head. "No, you're completely innocent!"

"Sorry, angel," he saddened. "But don't worry. Papa will be a good boy here, so he can be with you again."

"Don't say that," she gritted. "You did nothing wrong!"

Her father cluelessly scratched his nape. With a sudden spring, he bounced off his chair and waved, shackling the chains around his wounded wrists. A cop eventually led him away from the teen, prompting the girl to stand and cry once again. She watched the man turn to give her a big heart.

"Papa loves his angel!"

"I'll get you out of here!" Y/N grimly promised. "I'll get us some justice! Just hang in there, papa!"

_____________________________

Y/N snapped back to reality and found herself standing before an old warehouse. Golden sunlight cascaded down her frame as she intimidatingly marched, her smokey eyes shooting glances towards her men who held the door open for her. She fumbled with the loose handcuffs hanging around her right wrist, a hairpin jabbed inside its left-side keyhole.

"I made a terrible mistake," she told Pugsy and Tut. "I should've gone out with you two."

"Were you hurt, miss?" Tut inquired, taking the steel bracelets away. "Who do we fight tonight?"

"No one," she scratched her chin. "Now, where are the degenerates?"

Pugsy escorted her behind a stack of crates. Six grown men flocked around a junk tire, poker cards clutched within their gloved hands as they gambled. Y/N didn't even need to speak— one cough was all it took for them to scamper into a straight line. She paced back and forth, a cloud of tension rising into the ceiling.

SLAP!

Everyone flinched as she mustered a hard slap across a man's cheek. The shamed guy lowered his gaze, fists clenched and ego crushed.