Chapter 64

In a blink of an eye, another two months passed, and Qu Qing finally bought the book about papermaking that Qu Qing had been waiting for for a long time.

The first time he got the book, he began to study how to make paper.

When he opened the first page of the book and saw the words about cutting tender bamboo and soaking it in water for 100 days, he gasped. I didn't expect it to take so much time...

He looked at other procedures. After soaking the bamboo, boil it with lime for eight days and nights, smash it into mud, put it in water and scoop it up with a bamboo curtain, then peel it off and put it aside, repeat this action, and then make Form a slump of wet paper, squeeze the moisture at the end, and then peel off the paper one by one to dry.

Although the process is a bit complicated, it is not incomprehensible, but the difficulty takes a long time in the world, and there are many places in the process that seem to require the use of professional tools. It seems that this matter cannot be solved in a short time. , he had to spend more time to prepare.

Since it can't be done in a short time, then he simply mobilizes the children in the class to do this together and learn from practice. There is nothing better than this.

One day in advance, he instructed the students to bring tools for chopping bamboo and digging pools.

On the second day, twenty or so people, carrying things in a mighty manner, went to the bamboo forest near Qu Qing's house.

The first time I came out to take such an outdoor class, even though it was a place where I played since I was a child, the children still felt very novel.

He first explained that the purpose of today was to learn how to make paper. Everyone looked at a piece of green bamboo and didn't understand how these things could be turned into paper, but they still followed the teacher's instructions obediently.

Some people are responsible for chopping tender bamboo, and some people go to some places downstream near Quqing to be responsible for digging ponds.

The whole afternoon was spent like this, and when the pillars were finally cut into pieces and placed in the pond, everyone began to ask when the paper would come out.

"How can it be so simple, this is just the simplest beginning. After that, it will be soaked in this way for a hundred days. During this period, I will take you to prepare other tools that will be used in the papermaking process."

After that, since Mr. Honors did not come to class every afternoon, and Qu Qing did not always find interesting classes to attend, so he simply took the students to study how to make paper when there was no arrangement. and collect the required materials.

For example, where to find quicklime, how to make bamboo curtains for scooping paper, whether it is necessary to build a special room for papermaking, and how to make paper-pressing tools.

Whenever an idea or method is discussed, Qu Qing will record it, but at the end of the discussion, he and the children have found a common big problem, lack of money.

They can find a way to make some simple things by themselves, but some are more professional, need to design all special tools, and need a lot of effort, such as building a house, they have to spend money to hire people, and then the materials Also spend money.

So Qu Qing had to face this ancient problem, where to make money.

Just when he was worried about this matter, things took a new turn, because the performance he organized before was famous, which coincided with the birthday of the county magistrate. Someone below wanted to please him, so he spent a sum of money to invite Qu. Qing designed several programs.