Six

"Y/n Morales, I'll be honest, when I first met you I didn't like you" I glare at him and he smiles. "But I'll admit you've grown on me. I haven't known you for very long, literally like three days, but I can tell that you're smart, caring, brave, funny and you bring me comfort. I don't know how but you do and I feel like there is a future for us, a future where we love each other." I smile and he kneels down, my heart flutter and electricity races up my legs.

"Y/n Morales will you marry me, even though you already have to so you might as well say yes?" He asks and I laugh and nod
"Yes" He slips a ring onto my finger and I hug him. God this is stupidly sweet. He wraps his arms around my waist and my feet dangle, I giggle.
"Phew, I was a little worried you were gonna say no" He jokes
"Yeah okay" I roll my eyes and he smiles at me
"I meant every word I said"

"Well I hope so, cause I feel the same way" He grins, putting an arm under my knees, the other one under my waist and carries me towards the house.

"She said yes" He says happily and my cheeks heat up

"Shocker" Dolores laughs and he puts me down.

"Ay!" Pepa runs at me "welcome to the family Mija!" A bright rainbow appears and she peppers my face in kisses. Mami swarms Camilo and I smile.

"I can't wait for you to meet the rest of the family," Alma says, hugging me. Antonio hugs my legs while Dolores hugs me.

"They're going to love you" Felix says, holding my hands in his.
"You think?" I ask nervously

"Of course they will! What's not to love?" Pepa asks and I smile. "Now go to bed" She says usher me, Camilo and Antonio out.
"Can you tuck me in?" Antonio asks, holding my hand

"Sure, go get your pj's on" I say, ruffling his hair and he runs into his room.
"I'm ready" He pants and I go into his room while Camilo goes into mine. Antonio hops in bed and hands me a book. I sit next to him and he rests his head on my stomach. I softly read to him, when I'm done he looks at me sleepily "you're nice, I'm happy you're marrying Camilo" He says smiling, my heart melts.
"You're very sweet" I boop his nose "sweet dreams" I add another blanket and he snuggles in. I quietly walk out and go into my room. Camilo is already changed and in bed. In my side of the bed. I go into the bathroom and pull on grey sweatpants and a black tank top. I brush my teeth and finger comb my hair. I walk out and stand in front of Camilo
"You take a long time" He says and I push him over
"Go to your side" he rolls over. I climb in bed and sigh.
"What are your hobbies?" He asks and I look at him

"What?"

"What do you do for fun?"

"I like to read"
"I was looking at some of your books, you like science?"
"You snooped?" I ask turning my body towards him
"Just a little bit"
"Yes, I like science mostly stuff to do with energy"
"That's cool, I don't like science" He has an adorable smile on his face.
"Well it's not for some people"

"I like theater, especially with my gift I can act like every part imaginable" I smile and he smiles softly at me. "Do you breathe okay?" He asks and I blink 

"Do I breathe okay?" I repeat his question slowly, he nods "yes, I breathe fine"

"There's a lot of char on your walls, I'm guessing those particles aren't good for the lungs" He lays on his back. Is he trying to be 'sciencey'?

"Probably not, but it's been built up for years so there is no way of getting rid of it. That's why I always have my window open"

"Hm" he trails off as deep in thought, his eyes stare at my ceiling.

"Goodnight" I say and lay down, cutting the electricity from my lamp. I turn away from Camilo and take a deep breath. A heavy arm lays itself on my waist and I'm pulled against Camilo's chest. I roll my eyes, smiling and drift off. I wake up and inhale, I sit up slightly, my head is resting on Camilo's chest, his arm around my waist

"Good morning Amor" he says, pushing the hair out of my face

"How long have you been up?" He smiles softly

"Just a few minutes"

"Were you watching me sleep?" I tease, sitting up. I stand up and grab my clothes, Camilo goes to the bathroom. I quickly change, he opens the door as I'm adjusting my skirt.

"How'd you sleep?" Camilo asks and I put my hair in a ponytail

"I slept well, you?"

"Really well, I like having someone to cuddle" he hugs me and spins me around. Mateo opens the door and eyes us.

"Good morning" I smile

"Morning" Mateos says, eyeing Camilo and we walk out, hand in hand.

"There's the happy couple" Mami exclaims and hugs us both. We sit down, something has shifted in the past two day between me and Camilo. I can't put my finger on it but I'm happy it happened.

"We're leaving tomorrow" Papi says,

"So go pack up" Alma says and gently nudges me out of the room. I grab my suitcase from the closet and start packing. I throw in skirts, shirts and pyjamas. I pack my toiletries and sigh.

"Hola," Camilo says, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Hi" I reply distantly, mentally making a list in my head. A list of what could go wrong, horrible way of calming my anxiety.

"Everything okay?" He asks

"Yeah" I mutter and shut my case. My mind races.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I look out the window, the curtains are open.

"I'm just worried" I rub my cheeks

"Why?"

"What if your family hates me? You hated me at first, what if something goes wrong at the wedding, what if it rains! What if-" I ramble on and on, my fingers sizzle

"Hold on" he grabs my hands, face twitching. I pull my hands back but he tightens his grip. "When did I hate you?"
"When we first met you barely talked to me, barely looked at me you-"

"Y/n" he holds my face in his hands "I didn't hate you, I didn't know you and I didn't know how to act"

"But you-"

"I know I came off cold, Dolores talked to me after. She said that I was being insensitive so I tried to be nicer. I do not hate you Y/n and neither will my family" he says softly and hugs me. I put my face on his shoulder and he holds me tightly.