Nineteen

Camilo's body shakes and he gasps, everyone at the table looks at him and Miguel walks in.
"I'm back" He says in a sing song voice and I roll my eyes
"I didn't know I had to physically pull him out of my body" Camilo says loudly and I laugh. In fact everyone does at my cousins antics. We eat and I tune everyone out, it's a bad habit I have.
"Y/n?" Mateo asks and I snap back to reality

"Hm?" I put my fork down
"We were simply disscusing honeymoon options" Mami says
"A honeymoon is not necessary" Camilo says and I nod in agreement

"Non sense!" Alma says "you will of course have a honeymoon"
"Abuela-" Camilo starts
"It's deiced" She says finally. Danny makes a disgusted face and I raise an eyebrow at him. He shakes his head and I laugh slightly.

"Tomorrow, we'll be leaving. We wouldn't want to indrude" Tio says and Mami shakes her head
"Hermano-"

"No, no. It's about time, plus Gabby will be wonder where we went" He laughs

"Ay, if you must" Mami sighs and we clean up dinner. I walk around town hand in hand with my husband Camilo. That is so werid.

"What's on your mind?" Camilo asks

"Just thinking how you're my husband now" I mutter and he smiles
"And you are my wife"

"That's so weird" I sigh and he wraps his arm around my waist. He buries his head in my neck and I hug him tightly.

"I'm sorry" he whispers, I pull back slightly with a frown
"Why are you sorry?" 

"You shouldn't have to be married to someone you don't love" He avoids my eyes, my stomach drops. I made him think that. I made him feel that.

"Hey, look at me" I hold his chin. He looks at me "I am so lucky to have married you"

"You are?" My heart aches
"Of course I am. There are many many horrible men in my village but I married you, and I am so incredibly lucky to be with you" He shifts into four people.

"I am so lucky to be with you Camilo. I've never felt like this towards anyone before" he pulls me closer and I wrap my arms around his neck. I thought I loved Diego now he hasn't crossed my mind. I didn't love him, he didn't talk about feelings, he never opened up. He's so different than Camilo and I'm so grateful for that. He pulls away and smiles. We walk back to Casita hand in hand.

"Come, come" Mami says and we follow her. We sit down at the table while the adults stand in front of us.

"Is everything okay?" I ask and Camilo holds my hand tightly
"Si, si. We were just going to ask you both-" Felix starts
"Where do you want to live?" Pepa interrupts and sends an apologetic smile at her husband.

"Where do we want to live?" Camilo asks again
"Si, either here or back at our home" Mami adds, smiling at us

"You don't have to deiced right now" Papi says and I nod, I look at Camilo. His eyes tell me we aren't leaving. My stomach chruns and I look away. We stand up and go into Camilos room. I go into the bathroom and change into shorts and a t-shirt. I walk out and Camilo goes in. I sit on the bed criss cross and look at my ring. Camilo walks out and sits beside me, he pulls the blanket over us.

"We're not going home are we?" I ask quietly

"What do you mean? We are home" Camilo laughs slightly, I blink away tears

"Right"

"Hey" Camilo says softly and I look at him "What's wrong?" I press my lips in a line
"I'm just not ready to be away from my family" I whisper and he pulls me against him.

"It's going to be hard" He strokes my hair
"You're not even considering leaving?" I ask, sitting up straighter.

"I mean, I always pictured myself raising my kids here" I sigh and climb out of bed
"I'm getting water" I close the door behind me. I sit on the counter, glass in hand and picture myself living here. Always living behind a door that says 'Camilo' never having my own space, always having to push my feelings down.

"Everything okay kid?" Felix asks and I look up. He sits in a chair
"I assuming you two haven't deiced" I shake my head slightly "I thought you surely would want to live behind a glowing door that says 'Camilo'" He says sarcastically and I laugh slightly

"I just always pictured living in a small house in my village and raising my kids with my husband. But here it seems like everyone lives together and it's not bad or anything it's just-"
"Not what you imagined?" Felix asks and I nod.

"I just always wanted to be close to my parents so they can help with kids" I look at the water
"If it's any comfort, Pepa and I will always be here for you"
"It is" I dump the water out and hop off the counter. Felix stands up and hugs me, I hug him back. I walk back up and climb into bed. Camilo must be in the bathroom. I lay down and face the wall, I hate the wall. I'll have to sleep like this forever. The bed dips

"Y/n can we talk?" Camilo asks and I roll to my back. "I'm sorry it feels like there isn't a choice, I've just always imagined living here"
"But I've always imagined living back home" I sit up "the Encanto is great but I still love my home"
"Or do you still love Diego?" Camilo asks, avoiding my eyes. I scoff and look at him
"I told you that I've never felt this way about someone before"

"How do I know your not lying?"

"Are you kidding?" I ask, laughing harshly

"I'm not" He says dead serious

"If I didn't like you or want to marry you. You would know" I say and get out of bed.
"Where are you going?" He asks and I walk out. I rub my face and sit on the grass in the garden. I pull my knees to my chest and I take a shaky breath. I cry quietly, I never wanted this. I never wanted to be married off. I didn't want to marry for a long time.