Chapter 15

"You know the more I hear about how Gods interfere with the lives of others, makes me wish I wasn't a part of anything from them," Thalia says after Melaina told them what Poseidon had just informed her.

"Ok to be fair, you just recently made this discovery, and you're only half," Castor says, arms crossed over his chest, leaning on his leg.

"Well, I don't want to be half of anything from any gods, if this is how Zeus rules"

"I think I've spent too much time around Thalia, but I do not believe this to be right" Melaina voiced as she rested her chin between her fingers. "Not only did he condemn me and my siblings to live such a life we didn't intend to have or live, but he did it as well to his kids. All because he has a fear of being overpowered by his brother's children or even his own"

"Honestly, who would even wanna overthrow him?" Castor says checking himself out in the mirror, fixing his hair. "Seems like a lot of work to me. I would be stressed out if I had to worry about everyone and everything"

"What happened to being a better person?"

"It's still my goal," He says finally looking away from the mirror to her. "I'm just smart enough to know that taking on such responsibilities like being the God of everything is nothing more than stress and headaches and a fine specimen such as myself can't have wrinkles"

"Penny for your thoughts?" Thalia asked ignoring him and his comment, looking over to Melaina. "What are you thinking, Cruella?"

"That's the woman who ate the dogs, right?"

"She wore their fur, but close enough"

"Ah," She says not dwelling on it. "What, I just don't understand is how Poseidon knowing this, is ok with it all"

"He doesn't seem to be the kind that likes drama to me, which I respect and get. When my parents use to argue, I always just went on a walk or something to distract myself from it"

"Yea, maybe he's not ok with it, but doesn't want to cause a riot with any of the gods"

"It doesn't add up to me"

"That's because you are oh so paranoid" getting up from the bed she walked towards her. "Random thought but how about you and I just go do something? Anything you want-"

"I have an idea"

"One that doesn't include us interrogating your uncle or anyone else for that matter," She tells her, putting an end to any of her ideas before she could voice them. "How about we go on a walk?"

"Ok"

"Yea? Ok let's go" She says holding her hand out with a smile. Melaina glanced at her hand before meeting her eyes. "Are you gonna grab my hand?" She asked with a soft chuckle.

"..considering everything? No, I don't think that I will" she hesitantly tells her maintaining eye contact. Thalia smiled then dropped as she moved her hand to the side.

"Well, this is awkward," Castor says standing in the middle of the room, watching them.

"Oh?"

"I normally would Talley, I just don't want you to get the wrong idea is all and I-"

"No no no, I understand why," she tells her glancing to the floor before looking back at her. "Though, I would like to point out that your sweet side is showing for me once again," She says her mood now being lighthearted. "Admit it you like me now?"

"I never said I didn't like you" She replied walking away. Thalia shook her head but followed after her.

"Wait! What about me?"