049. SEVEN DEADLY SINS

Sam sits in the passenger seat of the Impala, using a flashlight to read a book. Libby is asleep on his lap, cuddled into his chest. It's only been one week since everything happened and Libby and Sam both refuse to be too far from each other, especially during long periods of time.

Libby is always attached to Sam's side and he's even been riding in the backseat of the car since she would start crying if he were in the front seat, not wanting to be away from him. She's always holding his hand or onto his jeans when he's not holding her so she can't get separated.

Sam got her to tell him about everything the yellow eyed demon did to her while he had her, his heart breaking when he learned about the demon blood, both him feeding it to her and the fact that she already had some in her. Sam constantly reassured her that nothing was her fault and it's all the demon's fault, trying to rid the four year old of any guilt she has.

They talked about her powers a little, but Sam hasn't gone into depth with it.

Meanwhile Ophelia lays in the backseat asleep, Sam's jacket covering her. She knows Sam and Dean are lying when they say they that magic brought Sam back. She's not sure what the truth is, but she wishes they would just tell her. She keeps trying to ask, but they simply brush her off.

Dean gets annoyed and tells her to stop asking questions while Sam simply just avoids all eye contact and changes the subject. Ophelia is able to sense their guilt for lying, but they still refuse to tell her anything.

Sam looks up at the motel room window where Dean is. Dean grins and gives Sam a double thumbs up making Sam quietly laugh and shake his head. A woman walks up to Dean and the man shuts the curtains, but Sam is able to see their shadows as they undress each other.

Sam returns his attention back to the book when his phone rings. He quickly grabs it and answers it.

"Hello." Sam greets, making sure neither girl woke up.

"Hey, Sam." Bobby's voice comes through.

"Hey, Bobby." Sam says.

"Whatcha doing?" Bobby asks.

"Oh, same old, same old." Sam says.

"You buried in that book again?" Bobby asks and Sam grimaces, not giving the man an answer. "Sam, you want to break Dean free of that demon deal, you ain't gonna find the answer in no book."

"Then where, Bobby?" Sam asks.

"Kid, I wish I knew. So where's your brother?" Bobby asks.

"Polling the electorate." Sam says.

"What?" Bobby asks.

"Nevermind." Sam says.

"Well, you boys better pack it up. I think I finally found something." Bobby says.

After hanging up, Sam sighs, grimacing when he knows he'll have to go the motel room. Sam puts the book up and carefully gets out of the car, gently shutting the door. He's still holding Libby, not wanting her to wake up and freak out when she doesn't see him.

Sam knocks on the door and slowly opens it.

"Dean?" Sam calls. "Dean, you-you conscious? Bobby called, and he thinks that maybe we--" Sam stops at the sight in front of him, thankful Libby's asleep. "Oh, God."

+++

They get to where Bobby told them to get and exit the car, Libby and Ophelia staying in the car, Libby watching Sam through the windshield the whole time and anxiously glancing around for any threats.

"Libby." Ophelia catches the younger girl's attention. "We're okay. The demon's gone. You and Uncle Sammy will be fine."

"But there's more monsters." Libby argues.