Cereal

Sylvie's brows furrow at the rustle coming from afar. Stretching her arms only to feel you weren't beside her.

She sat up from her sheets, "Y/n!?"

"Yeah?" It took you a few seconds to answer, yet again another bang downstairs, "Why?" 

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern, at the brink of standing to check for your safety. 

You quickly ran upstairs, "Stay in bed!" 

"What is all that noise about?" You entered the bedroom to see her scrunched up face, "You're getting me confused so early," 

You lent her book, covered her legs with the sheets, then smiled at your lover, "Happy Anniversary," 

"Awh. Happy Anniversary, dear," She reached to gice you a peck on the lips, making your cheeks heat up, "Shall I get my present for you?" 

"Wait-" Sylvie was about to stand until you pushed her back, "Just a second. Please, just wait a bit,"

"Since you asked so politely," 

Her head tilts once you rushed back down the stairs, 'what had gotten into you?' She thought. Usually you weren't so stressed. 

Though behind your curtain, or rather what was happening downstairs, was a mess. There's flour everywhere, a pan with burnt caramel left in the sink — not even cleaned yet — and several wasted utensils. 

What a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary! 

I guess you just have to improvise.. 

"Ta-da.." You bumped your hip to the door, letting it slowly slide open. Once you've made your presence, Sylvie immediately sat up and placed her book to the side. 

"What do you have for me?" 

With you beside her, you gave- "I got you the finest bowl of cereal," A moment of silence before Sylvie finally giggles, "I got a little too cocky today," 

"It's alright, it's the effort that counts," 

"I was supposed to make you a cake," You scratched the back of your neck, an awkward stance, "It didn't go well," 

Though, she wasn't angry, nor annoyed.

Of course, cereal wasn't the only gift you had for her for your anniversary. It was an important day, you had bought her something with more value than you could ever think of. 

You watch as she moved to face you, her palm visible as green shone on her hand — as she has been learning some tricks from you, the sorceress you are. 

A small box pops from the green dust making your eyes widen, your jaw about to fall, "I know that you don't want to go fast, so I bought you a promise ring," 

"I..I honestly thought you were about to propose to me," Your words faltered, letting her guide the golden material — your preferred crystal held in the middle — around your finger.

"Well, if you want me to, I will," Her voice was soft, lifting your hand in order for her lips to kiss your knuckles.

"A slight problem," 

You took the box hidden under your pillow, a stupid hiding spot but she never suspects you of hiding anything. 

Once it opens it reveals a ring with slight contrast to yours. The gem wasn't the same, but it was a crystal you knew she adored. 

"This doesn't seem much of a problem for me," Sylvie smiled as you slip on the ring, "Atleast our feelings both reciprocate," 

After such passionate moment you had to start breakfast, of course, but once you step foot on the kitchen with you froze. 

You had forgotten the mess you made. 

Both of you may or may not have spent some hours cleaning the kitchen. 

~~

I think I'll be posting every Friday/Sunday. 

-❤️