Afterglow

Sylvie's insecurity lead her to looking at the mirror once again, fixing what she thought was flawed. Her hair, her posture, her smile, while a bouquet of flowers were held between her hands. 

"I can't do this,"

After she had taken down the TVA, there was nothing much left. Except a broken relationship she wished she never broke. A woman she wished she never made cry..You. 

"Don't tell me you're scared?" Her inner monologue would mock her, though this was the push she needed. 

She scoffed, "I'm never scared,"

And after that, she knocked on your door with false pride. Hearing your voice from the inside, "Who is it!"

"It's Sylvie,"

She was met with a few moments of silence, knowing you were suprised to hear that name. You hadn't heard it in centuries, and certainly didn't expect to hear it now. 

But before Sylvie could lose her tattered hope, her face lights up to the door being pushed wide, and seeing your confused expression.

"Hi.." She greets, though your brows were still narrowed down, "I know it's been a while, but I need to talk to you,"

"You can't do this," Finally, you could talk. The shock had made you frozen in place, you couldn't believe it was actually her, "You can't just parade back into my house after what you've done,"

"I know what I've done, and I'm taking accountability for it. Just hear me out,"

She watched you take a deep breath, eyes wandering all over the place. Looking at everything else but her, "Don't expect me to be kind," 

Your heart was aching, but you were determined not to let it disturb your conversation. You let her rest by the sofa, just fixing something in another room before you start talking. 

Sylvie found a picture faced down, and her curiosity made her flip it up in order to see this strange picture. 

Curiosity kills the cat. 

Her frown became more prominent to seeing this frame. It was a photograph of you and her, smiling, looking love-sick as you held onto each other. 

"Put it down, thank you," You hurriedly sat down in front of her as Sylvie pushes the photo back down, "I don't have time for this nonsense,"

"I know you don't. You never had time," She sets the bouquet on your table, sadly, you ignored it. Your eyes were trained on her, wanting her to explain everything

"I'm not the one who left, Sylvie," 

"I left for a reason," You rolled your eyes, was the reason so important that she had to leave you unannounced? "Will you believe me if I tell you?"

"Depends on how absurd it gets.." 

After she shared her story, you were pulled into two sides, either to believe her, or to call her crazy and excuse this as a getaway from her acts. 

But, she did show you some gadgets, and her many scars made a point to this madness. 

You just..couldn't do it. 

You couldn't forgive her after lonely nights wondering why she left, tears on your pillow as slowly you felt numb, hoping to heal this scar in your heart. Maybe, someone would stitch it for you, y'know? 

But it just never happened. 

"I want to do this again with you," Sylvie points to your frame she had just looked at, "I want to make you smile, laugh, be apart of your life, I want to be everything you want again," 

"You dont get it. I dont want you to hurt me again," 

A thousand needles pinched her skin from your words laced with venom. She knew you were hurt, so was she. But if it meant making you fall in love with her all over again, she was willing to wait. 

"Although.." You looked down, "I want to feel your love again. I'm not prepared to forgive you just yet, but maybe, in time, we could be that perfect couple once again," 

Sylvie smiled, "Darling, I have all the time in the world," 

~~

🎶 Tell me that it's not my fault. Tell me that I'm all you want, even if I break your heart. 🎶

-❤️