chapter 10: realizing the truth

i havent uploaded in a couple of days so i thought i should upload one today.  i am very proud of my story so far and i hope you guys comment so that i can get some feedback on it.

-Rachel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was beyond relieved when she left. I watched her walk out. I will NEVER regret it. I was told never to regret what I do, but there was one thing that I do regret. I regreted taking off my locket. If I didn't I know that this whole ordeal would have never even happened, and Mason and I would be on our date about now, but I knew that what happened was for the better. I knew it would end up happening sometime in the near future.

Lexi and I stayed like that what seemed like forever. Neither of us stirred. It felt peaceful not having them in the house, and I felt myself calm down. I was fully recovered from my outburst when Luke burst into the room. Let me tell you, he did NOT have the happiest look on his face. Oh, shit, this means trouble for me.

"What the hell happened Soph-Soph?!" he asked angrily. "I was in my room and there was a bunch of yelling and then it stopped suddenly. I had no fucking clue what the hell happened," he told me very confused on what happened.

"Ummmmmm....." I said trailing off thinking of a good excuse to give him.

"Well?" he asked not very pleased that I wasn't giving him an answer.

"I broke up with Mason, because him and Eliza were shoving each others tounges down their throats," I told him as calm as I could. Wow, I am very impressed with myself that I didn't break once telling him what happened just a little bit ago.

"What!!" he all but wispered.

When I didn't say anything he pulled me into a hug. How I missed those hugs. I haven't really talked to Lukey for a couple of weeks. He's been busy with applying for college and his girlfriend, Katie, while I've been busy with Lexi and Mason. Well, now I guess Mason's out of the picture. I should really catch up will Luke before we drift apart. We stood there in each others arms for a coulple of minutes. It felt really good. He then suddenly let me go.

"Who do I need to kill?" he asked me very seriously.

"No one Lukey," I told him laughing at his funny question.

"Well, ok," he told me skeptically.

"I'm fine, really. I just want to eat some good old ice cream. Cookie Dough perferibally," I told him persuading him with my eyes to go get me some.

"No, no, not the puppy-dog eyes!" he told me pleadingly.

Hahaha, Sophia Simmons is getting her charm back. The charm to win fights that is ;)

"Sophia, can I have some too?" Lexi asked very quietly. Oh crap, I forgot that she was here.

"Hey, Lukey, make that 2 please," I told him before he came back, so he wouldn't have to make 2 trips with the most wonderful ice cream EVER!

"OK!" was shouted from inside of the fridge from Luke. By the sounds of it, it sounded like he had food stuffed into his mouth. Typical Luke.

"Thanks," Lexi said thanking Luke and me.

We waitied a bit, while Luke got our ice cream for us. I didn't want to start a conversation without my ice cream comforting me. I know how stupid it sounds, but I didn't want to talk about Mason and Eliza without something yummy to eat.

"So....." Lexi started after Luke delivered our ice cream.

"Yea?" I questioned.

"Do you regret anything you said to them. Do you regret anything at all that you did?" she asked me carefully with choosing her words, because I was still fragile after what happened.

"No, the only thing that I regret was taking off that necklace," I told her honestly. What I said was very much true. If I didn't then who knows what would happen, or what I would be doing right now.

"I now know why you don't ever take off that necklace," she told me sincerely.

"Yea, now you know," I told her softly.

After we were done with the ice cream we went up into my room. I'm very glad that my mom let me decorate my room, because this is the one place in the whole entire house where I can escape and be by myself. It's absolutely marvelous. It's purple. Though I may seem like a girly-girly person, my favorite color isn't actually pink. When we reached my bed, I saw a letter on my side-table next to my bed. It read:

Dear Sophia,

             I just wanted to tell you how truly sorry I am. I know I am the last person you want to hear that from, but I said it anyways. I hope one day you'll be able to forgive me because you want to not because you thought it was the right thing to do. I know you always do that because you feel bad for keeping grudges on people. I've been your friend for a long time, don't think I don't know those types of things. I'll give you as much time as you need, but please forgive me before I die. Just please think about it, and don't forget about me. Ever.

             Sincerely,

<3 Eliza McFly<3

I read it over and over again and so did Lexi. How could I forgive her for what she did to me?!?!?! What she did was extremely bad!!! What sane person would do that?!?! I'd rather rot in hell than forgive that backstabbing bitch. No matter what, I will never forgive her.

"What are you gonna do now?" Lexi asked me slowly.

"Put the letter in the back of the closet where the rest of my memories of her are at," I told her.

With that, I entered my closet and went into the way back, like I did 3 years previously. I opened the drawer like last time, but unlike this time it won't ever be opened again. I'll do anything to make sure that I won't open it again.

"It's for the better," Lexi told me like a true friend would. I'm glad Lexi stayed when Eliza left. I don't know what I would do without her.

"I know, and they aren't worth it," I told her coldly.

Next time I will make sure someon'es for real before they become my friend, because I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I don't want to deal with anyone's crap that they put onto people. I never will do that again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoped you liked it!! Vote comment or whatever you want to do!!!

-Rachel