Chapter 21: Reaching Dallas

My head was spinning. I was heading towards my doom; my doom which I have avoided for 7 years. Who knows how it will all go down tomorrow. I am absolutely not looking forward to it in the morning. I’m not going to get enough sleep tonight since I’m going to be thinking about tomorrow all night long. Lexi said we’re meeting her at her house at 11:00 tomorrow morning. I don’t have the best feeling about this.

“So, Lexi, where were you and Mason? I never once say you guys,” I stated, breaking the silence. By the look on her face, I’m guessing she was surprised by my question as to where they were.

“Uh, uh….well we didn’t see you either, Sophia,” she shot right back. You’ve learned, my child.

“At least I have an answer,” I retorted. Haha, beat that, Lexi!

“What’s your answer then,” she inquired.

“I met someone. Her name is Scarlett O’Fritz. Her brother, Jason, is quite scary, so let’s not talk about him. They live in Dallas, actually. She said that she knows of Eliza,” I told them my explanation. Mine’s a proper one, unlike theirs.

“She knows Eliza,” questioned me.

“No, just her reputation. I can definitely say that she has changed,” I replied. Boy, has she changed! She’s no gothic chick anymore. She’s now your typical graduated slut.

“No more goth,” Lexi asked. I’m not the only one who hated her gothic side.

“Nope,” I told her popping the p.

         She didn’t reply after that. Not as if we had anything to talk about anyways. They both knew that I wanted to be left alone right now. My stomach is tightening up even more the closer we get to Dallas. I just have to believe that things happen for a reason. I was meant to come down here. If I wasn’t, then I would’ve never said yes to coming. There’s a reason for everything that happens. From why the sky is blue or why the grass is green. I may not have the answers to those questions, but there are always reasons for them. My thinking time was abruptly stopped when Lexi’s hand started waving in front of my face.

“Sophia, Sophia,” she called out to me.

“Oh, yes,” I asked still slightly in my trance.

“We’re here,” she said.

“Here? Where’s here,” I asked slightly confused on what she was talking about.

“Dallas, silly; we’re at the hotel,” she replied.

“Ok,” I told her. Then it hit me. In less than 24 hours we would have already talked to Eliza. I can’t do this. I can’t, I can’t, I can’t. Stop it, Sophia! You’re a Simmons, and Simmons don’t quit. Never, ever! I need to have a talking with Luke or Jace about my current situation. If I called Jace he would probably lecture me about never thinking about quitting; nope, not calling him. I’ll call Luke instead. He’ll reassure me about going to see her in the morning. He’ll know what all to say and do. He always does. That’s what I love about him. When I entered the hotel room, I dialed Luke’s number. He picked up on the first ring.

“Hello,” he asked.

“Hey, Lukey,” I cheerily said to him.

Hey, Soph-Soph, what’s up,” he questioned.

“Well, I need some help,” I told him getting straight to the point.

“With what,” he inquired. In a split second he turned to happy guy to a concerned older brother.

“Well, we’re in Dallas right now; in the hotel room, actually. I’m not that certain if I can meet up with Eliza tomorrow morning. I can’t do it anymore,” I quickly told him without trying to break down. It worked.

“Sophia, you need to get in control of yourself. You know for a fact that it will all be fine. You’re just letting what happened in the past get in the way of letting go of it all the things that happened back then, “Luke told me. He does have a very good point.

“Well, ok. I know you’re right, but I’m just too damn stubborn to admit it, “I told him quietly. I always hate it whenever I’m wrong. This is one of those times.

“Well, I got to go sis, c’ya,” was all he said before I got a dial tone. Thanks a bunch, Luke! Not!

         I should probably call or text Scarlett. She told me that I should before I meet up with Eliza. When I asked her why, all she said was ‘information you need to know’. That made absolutely no sense at all, Scarlett! What she told me was really so I texted her to find out.

Sophia:    Wat did u mean earlier?  ~S.M.E.S~

Scarlett:   B careful with her. She can manipulate u. trust me on this. Ive seen it done b4. Also tell the hoe I said hi J  ~IWUBPENGUINS! ~

Sophia:    ok will do. Hahaha lol! :D ~S.M.E.S~

Scarlett:   Shit Jasons spazzing out again! Gtg bye Sophia!! :D tell me how it goes ~IWUBPENGUINS! ~

         I had to laugh at that. I wonder what her freaky brother is spazzing out about; something stupid probably.