-You-

(this is the instrumental ver. because i think it sounds pretty :) )

2 years since the events of last chapter

June POV:

This was a mistake. 

What am I doing here? What was I thinking?!?!

"Honeyyy....I'm scared..." I stared into Bonnie's eyes with a pleading gaze.

She smiled reassuringly and firmly grasped my hand. 

"Oh come on, babe, the pain will only last a few seconds! If it hurts or you get really scared then just squeeze my hand as hard as you want." With that, she placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. 

"Alright...but, if it looks bad then I'm not talking to you for 2 days straight!" I pouted.

Bonnie gasped at the petty threat. "How mean! Trust me, Junie, you'll look amazing. Piercings are super sexy in my opinion." She smirked confidently.

I couldn't argue with that. Bonnie had multiple ear piercings, two nose piercings, and my favorite piercing of hers....her belly button piercing. Whenever she'd wear something that revealed her stomach, I always glanced down at the cute piece of jewelry that made her look even hotter than she already was. 

I didn't have time to respond since the piercer was already getting the needle ready. 

"Alright, I'm just gonna have you relax and breath in nice and deep for me." He spoke in a deep voice.

Following his directions, I took a deep inhale and shut my eyes as tight I could without scrunching my face up.

"And exhale now." He said as he plunged the needle straight in. 

I released a shaky exhale as I felt the throbbing sting which, just as Bonnie said, lasted just a short while. Once the jewelry was in place, the piercer clapped his hands together and patted me on the shoulder. 

"All done champ. Wanna take a look?"

I opened my eyes and nodded, taking the mirror from his hand. Lifting the reflective object to my face, my eyes widened at the sight. There it was. A piece of metal sticking right through my brow that couldn't go unnoticed. I was shocked. But it was a good shock. I somehow felt cooler and felt that it gave me a sort of edge. Finally breaking away from the mirror, I looked over to Bonnie and saw her with her hands covering her mouth.

"What's wrong? Do you think it looks bad? I actually kinda like it-"

"Bad?! June, you look amazing!! Ugh, this was such a good idea, I cannot believe it. Goodness, you look so yummy right now, I wanna jump your bones right this second!" She said with not a hint of hesitation. 

My mouth went dry as I registered the last part of her statement. A faint shade of pink spread across my face, wondering if Bonnie remembered that the piercer was also in the room with us. 

An uncomfortable cough from him sent a clear enough message as we thanked him for the service, paid, and made our way out. Walking hand in hand we strolled through a nearby park, basking in the warm spring breeze and the shining sun. I couldn't help but glance over and get lost in the sight of Bonnie. Her hair was done in long box braids that went down to her lower back with her edges laid down in pretty swirls. I loved her hair and all the pretty styles that she would do it in. It always amazed me, how versatile her hair type was. It could look one way one week and completely different the next. 

"Something catch your eye, June?" She spoke knowingly.

"You, of course." I smiled lovingly.

It was days like this. Just enjoying each other's presence and exchanging occasional banter that I enjoyed the most. Of course, going out and doing activities was fun and all, but the simplicity of just going on an afternoon stroll together really did it for me. 

"Do you ever think of marriage?" Bonnie asked.

Her question caught me off-guard with its out-of-the-blue nature. I blinked a few times before fully registering her words. 

"I-i mean...I think about it sometimes...sure..." I didn't mention that I constantly fantasized about married life with Bonnie and maybe even making a family. I knew that she was the one for me and that I couldn't be happy with anyone else. The question was...whether her feelings matched the intensity of mine. 

"I think lately it's been on my mind a lot. Most girls always fantasize about their weddings when they're young, but I never really did. I think something happened that changed my mind." She spoke while still admiring the scenery around us. 

I thought to myself before speaking. "What happened?" 

"You, of course." It took me a moment to catch onto her mimicry of my words. My heart warmed as her eyes felt glued to mine as mine were to hers. We had both stopped walking and just continued to look at each other. 

Bonnie POV:

 I had really snagged a good one. June was so beautiful. I've seen good-looking guys before, but he was different. His gentle features and stature looked so welcoming. 

"If I could freeze time, I'd just stand here and stare at you." She chuckled. "That probably sounds creepy."

June scoffed as he pulled me into the warmest embrace. "If that makes you creepy then I should be put in therapy. You're like a drug that I'll be addicted to for the rest of my life. If I could turn back time, I wouldn't change a single thing if it meant not meeting you." 

He spoke these words into my neck that he had his head buried in. I'm sure these words from any other person would weird me out, but from him, it sounded so sweet and genuine. My arms wrapped around his back and felt as if we were melting into each other. And if we could, we probably would. We'd mix and swirl our souls together and be eternally connected, no force on the planet being able to tear us apart.

Pulling back I placed my hands on June's cheeks and brought him in for a soft kiss. A series of brief pecks continued as we smiled and laughed. 

"You know I'm in love with you right?" He spoke in between kisses. 

How cute.

I smiled and giggled. "I love you too, Junie."

{Wow, never thought I'd get this far, to be honest. I'm not one to finish things that I start, so I'm glad this case was different. I get happy when I see notifications of people reading the story. I'm happy that you stuck through this with me and read my amateur writing haha. I love you all and I hope you are staying safe during these trying times. Stay blessed <3}

- M.