Chapter 15

A brown hair boy with big ears stepped out from behind on of the trees. He had the biggest grin on his face. He kind of reminded me of a over exaggerated caricature. 

"Ugh, Xavier. You scared the hell out of us." Noelle said throwing a clump of dirt at the boy. 

Dodging the dirt the boy walked over to me and held his hand out. "My name is Xavier. Xavier Bond... and no I am not kidding." 

I shook Xavier's hand and said "Adena. Adena Hughes. Girl spy."

Xavier's eyes got as wide as saucers. "Wha..tt..t?" He stuttered. 

"Just kidding. Hasn't anyone told you it's not nice to ease drop on private conversations?" 

"You're sitting wide out in the open. Anyone could be walking out in these trees..." 

"Yeah. Little rats just like you probably. Get lost." Noelle said growling at Xavier. 

"Aw L, I love when you use sweet terms of endearment when talking to me."

Noelle grumbled under her breath something intelligable.

"Only in your dreams baby." Xavier said. 

"Huh? How did you hear what she said. I'm sitting right next to her and couldn't make out what she was saying." I asked. 

Xavier grinned at me and said, "These big ole' ears aren't for nothing Sweet Cheeks. My super power is hearing. I can hear everything from miles away including certain people's thoughts."

"Why only certain people's thoughts?" I asked. 

"I working on that part of my ablity. I can hear L's thoughts, Zinger's thoughts, and randomly enough our landscaping guy's thoughts. I don't know which is scarier. Zinger's mind or the landscaper's. He has some pretty dark thoughts on where he should shove his wheed whaker, and it's not in the tool shed if you get what I mean."

Oh wow, I bet Noelle's mortified he can read her mind. I wonder if she secretly liked him. but only he could tell by reading her thoughts. 

"Okay, I think it's time to break this little meeting up. I'm going to my room to study for my english test. Are you going to come to classes tomorrow?" Noelle asked looking at me. 

"I am. Tomorrow is my official first day. I'm still a little confused about how I can start right now in the middle of the semester, but whatever. As long as I get my credits." 

"Great. I'll catch you at dinner."

"I'll see you at dinner sweetness." Xavier said with a fake flirty tone.

Noelle just glared at him, gave me a little wave and began to walk back to campus. 

As soon as Noelle got far enough away from hearing distance Xavier looked at me and asked, "Will you help me with L? I really like her. She's a greek goddess. Absolutely beautiful. I'm madly in love with her, but she refuses to give me a chance. Please help me."

"Uh, I just met her Xavier. I don't know either one of you well enough to help."

"Please help me Adena. If she'll just give me a chance I'll worship the ground she walks on. Hell, I already worship her. Plus the spring social is coming up in a month. I want to be her date." He begged. 

"What if she wants to go with someone else?"

"I will murder him" Xavier said noticeably darkening. 

I giggled at his reaction. They would make kind of a cute couple. I wonder how Noelle really feels about him. I'd have to ask her. In the mean time I could use Xavier's super hearing to my advantage.