Chapter 11

Chapter 9

My eyelids felt glued shut, my extremities were lead. Cracking one eye open I peeked at the white plaster ceiling. I was in my bedroom. I rolled over and looked at my alarm clock. The blue numbers blared six fifteen a.m.

Holy hell! I was supposed to meet Alex at 9. How did I even fall asleep... ZEKE! The last I remembered was looking into Zeke’s eyes and then falling asleep. I bet that jerk has some kind of power that allows him to put unsuspecting people to sleep. I hopped out of bed, and headed to the shower. I’m going to find Zeke before he can find me today, and give him a piece of my mind.

After my shower, I dressed in a simple workout set, and pulled my red hair into a ponytail. I plan to visit the gym today for a nice work out. Maybe it will do me some good to let my anger out on a punching bag instead of Zeke’s face. Just thinking about what happened makes me want to hunt him down, and beat him to a bloody pulp. What in the world has Alex done to Zeke that would make him act like a madman. Zeke has been so sweet to me up until now. Doubt, and guilt wiggled in the back of my mind like an earthworm in a garden. Maybe I should’ve asked Zeke why I should stay away from Alex instead of throwing insults at him. Alex obviously had to have done something pretty bad to Zeke for him to act like this. The guy literally incapacitated me so I couldn’t see Alex.

My ringtone of my new cellphone started playing faintly somewhere in the front of my flat. Jogging out into my living room I found my purse sitting on the couch. I dug through my bag until I found the ringing phone. Just as I went to answer the call ended. Smiling I saw that I missed a call from Megan. I wonder what in the world she was doing awake this early. I quickly dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

“Do you know that this is the first day of school that I won’t be picking you up, or seeing you in class?” She said without a greeting.

“I know I miss you already! I wish I could just come to school, and finish out the week. My classes here don’t even start until Monday. I’m going to die of boredom from today until then.” I said groaning.

“I wish you could too. The good news is that it’s Thursday… Which means we only have to get through today, and tomorrow. You’re still going to go with me to the football game tomorrow night right?” She asked.

“Yes ma’am! I was planning on spending the night with you afterwards also. We can have a junk food party after the game. I’ll bring the jalapeno Cheetos if you get the chocolate milk.”

“Um, of course! I would be offended if you didn’t spend the night. Now that you’re early college freshman doesn’t mean you can forget me. I still can’t believe your luck. Finally something is going right for you. I’m so glad it’s all going to work out for you even though you aren’t going to school with me. And don’t even get me started on Zeke. That guy is delicious looking. What’s really going on with you guys?” She asked.

The doorbell chimes rung alerting me someone was at the door.

“Megan, I gotta go. Someone is at my door.” I said.

“How convenient, that your doorbell rang right as I’m asking you about Zeke.” She said with a hint of suspicion in her voice.

“Wait, is it Zeke? What is he doing over there so early.” She asked

I could tell she was going into interrogation mode, and wouldn’t be letting me off the phone anytime soon if I let her keep going.

“I love you, I’ll talk to you later, and I’ll feel you in on everything. I promise.” I made a kissing noise into the phone’s speaker, and hung up quickly.

Of course the only person that would be at my door at seven forty five in the morning would be the culprit himself.

I swung the door opened pissed. “What do you want Zeke?” I asked. He looked like he didn’t sleep well, at all last night. Light purple crescents mottled the skin beneath his eyes.