Chapter 9: Day 7

Chaeryeong's POV

I paced back and forth in my room repeatedly. I haven't heard a word from you since yesterday and it worried the fuck out of me. My fox ears and tail popped out multiple times due to the flurry of my emotions.

What's worse is that I could barely smell you from my room. After that car accident from four years ago, my smell was affected heavily. I'm not sure how I even survived but I was lucky.

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. You didn't even come out your room so I had no way of telling if you were feeling okay. I couldn't hear anything besides low panting which at least told me you were breathing fine.

"Would it be wrong of me to break down her door..?" I muttered, knowing it would be. But if it was for her well-being, then it should be fine right?

"No it's not fine! Fuck what am I gonna do?!" I groaned, flopping backwards on my bed. My eyes traveled over to the window, orange and yellow hues decorating the sky. It was past 5 already. 

I don't even know if you've eaten yet. Yeji would be so disappointed in me right now. I'm supposed to be watching over you and I can't even do that. If I did, I might do something that would make you upset with me.

I didn't want that.

I needed to protect you more than ever right now, especially knowing that she's around here. 

Finally making up my mind, I rushed out my room and down the steps. I nearly stumbled, quickly regaining myself. Then in just a mere second, I was standing in front of your bedroom door. I breathed heavily, still able to hear you over my loud breaths. And I knew you could hear me too.

My hands were shaking and I didn't know why. I raised my fist to the door and knocked in a rhythmic pattern.

It was silent for a few seconds before I heard a soft voice on the other side.

"Come in."

And I did just that.

Once I stepped in, I saw you laying under the covers in bed. I could tell that you still hadn't put any clothes on and you were shaking a lot. I advanced closer, eyeing your form. Sweat coated your skin with your fox ears out and twitching. Your tail peeked from under the blanket.

"How are you feeling? Has your heat died down?" I asked, crouching down beside your bed. You rolled over, avoiding my eyes. Soft whimpers were coming from your form, as you curled yourself into a ball.

"N-no.." You muttered, a hand instinctively going to rub your ears that were poking up. I observed your actions, realizing that there was no use trying to get through with you. Once heat was in play, it was almost impossible to reason with that hybrid.

You rubbed your ears with a fastened pace, squirming under the covers. You bit your lip, trying to suppress yourself until I left.

"You're obviously goin through hell right now Y/n. If you need help, I'm always here to help you." A frown formed on my lips. Why are you avoiding me so much? It's like you found out something really bad.

You stayed silent, still turned away. After a few more seconds I sighed and stood up ready to leave. But before I could, you latched onto my wrist with your hand. I looked back and saw your face scrunched up.

"Can you r-rub my ears?" 

I didn't waste any time helping you. I sat on the side of the bed, bringing your head onto my lap. I smiled, looking at your features. Then my hand found it's way to your soft fluffy ears. I stroked them gently, feeling a surge of tingles shoot through my body.