Chapter 12: Day 11

It ached.

It felt as though millions of bricks were continuously being thrown at your head. The throbbing sensation was too much to bare which left you anxious.

Why were you feeling like this in the first place? Why couldn't you open your eyes?

It appeared as though you were conscious, but you couldn't remember a thing. Everything aches and the pain was unbearable. That led you back to the main question.

Why?

Your cause of pain was a mystery and your lack of memory was also a mystery. You couldn't figure out a thing and it left you confused as to why. Your body didn't comply with your thoughts and it began to frustrate you even further.

"Is— wake... yet?!"

That voice sounded familiar but you didn't know why. A male voice. A terrifying male voice. That alone made your head pound even harder.

"...Sir...more time.."

The voices were choppy. But one thing was for sure; someone was screaming. Of course, you didn't know who or why. At that moment, all you hoped was for Chaeryeong to suddenly wake you up and tell you that breakfast was ready. To wake up to her beautiful smile and the sweet aroma of her cooking was all you hoped for.

Although, you knew that wouldn't be the case. In the back of your mind, you already knew that would be something impossible.

You knew it would all be in vain.

"...dammit Ren..!"

Looks like someone's upset with a guy named Ren. He sounds familiar too. You didn't like that one bit. Familiar in your eyes meant the place you spent the majority of your life. A place you didn't even want to think about seeing again.

Knowing that this amount of familiarity was coming back to you, wasn't a good sign at all and in that second, you finally remembered. It all came rushing back to you so fast, your headache began to worsen immensely.

Five hours earlier..

"It's getting real late Chaer. Aren't you tired?" You yawned softly, glancing up at the clock that read 10:45. 

"It's only 11! We can watch one more movie!" She giggled, flipping through her options on the TV remote. 

You snatched the remote from her, hugging it to your chest. "Let's sleep. I won't take no for an answer." You faked a glare, knowing you could never be upset with her.

"But—"

"No."

The hybrid blankly stared at you, her squinted eyes flickering over to the remote you tightly clutched. You didn't know how, but the air seemed to thicken as the silence enveloped the room.

She rested her elbow on the back of the couch, a tiny smirk creeping on her lips. Your nerves started to sky rocket, not knowing what she was thinking of doing.

"Do you really...wanna sleep?" It didn't take long for you to realize that her free hand started to massage the area just below the hem of your shorts. Goosebumps formed around your body while the hands that still held the remote, began to sweat. You could even feel your ears starting to twitch.

"I-I thought I made that clear.." Your breathing was shaky and you refused to meet her golden eyes. Chaer hummed in acknowledgment, seeming to have came closer than before. One of your legs hung off the side while she was sitting on her knees.