𝟬𝟮𝟰. 𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟

"Hello?" I ask and let out an irritated sigh when I hear no response

"Hello?" I ask and let out an irritated sigh when I hear no response. "Listen I don't need anyone bullshit right now-"

"Max?" Jenna's voice cracks and I stand still. "Jenna? What's wrong?" I ask and she let's out a sigh. "Did you know your mother is in town?" She asks and I frown. "Isobel?" I ask and she let's out a laugh. "Of course you knew." She laughs and I sigh. "Why are you calling?" I ask and she sighs. "Why did no one tell me?" She asks and I chuckle.

"You're calling me because you know I won't twist around it." I state and her silence proves me right. "The reason no one told you because no one wants anything to do with her, and it's none of your business." I sah and shrug. "I'm your legal-" I hang before she could say anything else. Derek was gone again.

I didn't expect him to leave, but when he did I couldn't find myself to not be disappointed. I thought after last night things changed, but then again I wanted to leave him too. It was raining and Cora, Stiles and Peter were here after I called them.

"When Derek was younger the hunters came for them. They hid under our house, they were there for two days." She says staring outside, it was raining. "Waiting, hiding. that's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us." She says and I cross my arms.

"Hide, and heal." She says and I nod. "Okay so is two days standard then? Or are we thinking Derek's on like, some extended getaway?" Stiles asks and Cora turns around.

"Why do you care?" Cora asks and Stiles looks offended, but it fades quickly. "Why do I care? Let's see, because over the last few weeks my best friend's tried to kill himself, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed, a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by Alpha's, you want me to keep going, 'Cause I can, alright? For like an hour." He says and at the mention of Heather my throat closes.

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asks walking closer. "Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it. Yeah." He says and I shrug. "I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him." Cora says and I look at him.

"What was he like?" I ask curiously and Peter walks down the stairs, making all our heads go to his. "A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers. Unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really to other teenagers." He says and I frown.

"So what happened? What changed him?" Stiles asks and Peter looks at him. "Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men. A girl." I raise my eyebrows, but don't comment on it, Stiles however... "You're telling some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" Stiles asks bluntly and I slap his chest. That's incredibly rude.