Chapter 3

Abby's POV:

I ran and ran when someone grabbed my arm pulling me back two people held both of my arms back I struggle in their grip I try pulling away from them they gripped tighter "Let go of me!" I yelled I look up seeing Riff getting closer to me "Now, now boys, don't hurt her." He says I look at him frowning "So this is the girl huh Baby John?" Riff asked he nods "Yep that's her Riff." He says I glare and began to struggle again "Oh she's a fighta!" One guy cheered "Yep she looks like one Diesel." Riff says then gets closer to me he puts a few strands of hair behind my ear a few beads of sweat rolled down my cheek "Youse a beauty." He says smirking I blush slightly I go to say "thank you." But something else came out something I regret "¿Disculpe?" I asked in Spanish they look at me and let go of me Riff gasps "Youse a Rican?" He asks I shook my head "N-no I'se not! I-I'se sorry, I gotta go!" I yelled "I'm sorry!" I say and took off like a shot away from them I ran and ran until I made it to Doc's I open the door catching my breath I saw an older woman I smile "Hola, señora Valentina." I greeted her she smiles "Hola, Abby!" She cheers giving me a hug I smile hugging her back "So how's the transition from Spanish to English?" She asks her accent still prominent I smile "Fine, fine, I'm getting used to it but my brain and mouth still make me speak Spanish even though I need to cut back." I replied she laughs "I remember when I dealt with that Abby." She says softly I nod "Well have a look around, I'll be in the back." She says I smile "Gracias Valentina!" I cheered she smiles walking to the back I walk over to the shelves looking at them then I see what looked like a perfume bottle I tried reaching for it but to no avail, I failed miserably then I heard a familiar voice.